• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TOO many antecs....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Personally I'm not a big fan of the door either. Probably why I started off with an SX830, and then to a Plus660B (now technically it'd be a Plus680B).
However must of our non-beige cases are likely to have doors (at least until peripheral manufacturers start offering alternate bezels).

AntecRep

I have 5 of the antec cases~ i like them b/c they are cheap- well built- and fun to modd- so lay off my babies :)

Call me stupid, but what the heck is an antec style case? Sorry, not that much into cases. As long as it has 8 5½ bays, and two floppies, its good for me. Air Flow aint that important for me, as i have 8 fans on a "baybus".

But i must say, i got a new case three weeks ago and i hate it with a passion. It has a bowed front. Stupidest thing ever. All my cd roms / burners / dvd's are all flat. and it looks stupid as heck with the rest of the front bowed out. But Good and roomy inside.

Antec style cases look like this:
11-125-141-01.jpg

thanx. Only reason i would like one of them is for the cover over the bays. But it too has that bowed (bubbled out) front bezel.

the cover is VERY annoying being at a lan with a sbl audigy plat..with your headphones plugged in and some ******* kicks the door shut and breaks your headphones. FYI i saw it happen...i am a lian-li guy personally.

~Will

I used to have one of those cases. They rocked!!! Too bad I sold it though... :( If I had money I'd pick one up again, dont care if they're so popular. That new low noise design looks good, I may be tempted to pick that up if I can afford it.

Observation: Only in this industry would someone decide not to get something because it's the thing to do...

At least I wanted to be ujnique and have a sub-30 pound main system. I (strangely enough) spent almost as much as Lian-Li owners do.
This case cost me $200 after shipping! But I love it to death since it's the lightest, roomiest case my back has ever had to lift.
0_c_front.jpg

I added the shoulder strap, which frees my hands to carry my monitor.

OC Noob said:
I've always thought trying to be unique for the sake of being unique is kind of silly.

I mean if you achieve "uniqueness" then your unique just like the other 300 million unique people...doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I don't know the manufacturer of my case and I really don't care, I like the idea of being unique... room temp is 21 C in here and my case temp is 25 C right now... my CPU temps are nothing to laugh about... I was running Prime 95 for 3 hours today and the CPU shot up to a blazing 31 degrees.

If I went with the flow I'd drive a dodge neon or a ford [out of] focus or a honda civic with a fart pipe... but I prefer to not pass 5 or 10 clones of my car on the way to school... that's why I drive an '84 Firebird.

I just want to say I have a Chieftec Midi-Tower, when I buyed it, it didn't even mattered to me if it was a Dragon or a Scorpio, it didn't mattered that everyone else had a case just like mine, I buyed it, because it was cheap, it had quality and it had a hell of a PSU: 360w with PFC ! With a Chieftec you can't go wrong, it's quality all the way, it's the most easy assembly case i've ever seen, it's easy to assemble anything in that case, with it's rails and removable H.D. tray's ! You just can't get a better case for that kind of money ! I tried and I could find anything better, the only problem is it's weight ! It's a little on the heavy side ! That's why my next case is going to be a full aluminium Chieftec, it's almost weightless and it has all the easy assemble features that the normal Chieftec cases have ! ;)

I've never been one to follow the mainstream. My way of looking at things is, Antec + Chieftec are great cases (I don't personnaly own one, but the do look nice.) but, I'm sure there are other "no name" cases out there that are as good, but, no one is looking at them because..."they aren't antec/chieftec, so they must be either cr@p, or another cheap knock-off"

I enjoy the "thrill of the hunt" for a good case. I'm actually thinking of an original mod case myself.. Designing one, kind of from scratch, kind of from an existing case... call it a hybrid..

If I decide to do it, I'll document it for here. I'd like to be able to contribute.. (/stop rambling)

'exactly why i dont own one, EVERYONE has them! i noticed this a LONG time ago and it just got worse and worse!!! sure they are a really awesome case, im so tempted to get one but everyone has them and i hate the door, i got a skyhawk full tower, the one with the blue stripe from electroseller, but its painted flat black and red stripe:D

it sucks tho, it can only have a 60mm fan in the back, on the motherboard tray, that wasnt designed all that great, its pretty sturdy and the back 80mm hole kinda sucks or really sucks, thats the first thing i cut out! gonna make it a 120 soon...

i plan on making a sweet case out of aluminum and lexian soon

thats not the only thing i mentioned... im not gonna get one of those cases if your trying to convince me to

I have a raidmax hydraulic case I got from newegg for 40$ (-shipping) the only thing wrong with it is there is NO room in the back of the case for fans because of the motherboard tray. They only have 1 60mm fitting.

Back