• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

toshiba laptop usb controller????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time4aMassiveOC

so i cant figure out whats going on, i tried uninstalling the usb controller and doing a hardware change scan, then installed each of the xp drivers for it, none of which work.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modItemList.jsp#PublicList

here is the toshiba driver download site... which i cant find usb drivers at either.

Satellite P25-S5263 is the model.

there is also a " base system device" in the device manager that needs a driver...

if anyone could help out with this id appreciate it

usb is pretty much standardized plug and play... did you try the main chipset drivers?

I would reccomend a windows update and make sure you have SP2

if it randomly stopped working (hence it was working before) then try a system restore...hmm you might find more help at the drivers section of the forums...

oh, i didnt realize there was one, if you wanna move it thats fine with me.

the windows copy says its not legit, even though the guy says he installed it with the default laptop cd.

so is it only sp2 that has support for usb? i thought it was more for usb 2.0 than usb in general and i thought it was sp1 that did that. not sure tho.

i think im going to pursue the windows updates tho

yeah it's more for 2.0 but I do beleive there was something in there about plug and play...

i dunno it's been too many years :/

Back