• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Toshiba R400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafa

OK, maybe I'm just a sucker for a pretty face, but the Toshiba R400 is likely to be my next notebook.

The pre-configured models only have a core-duo processor, but, like other Toshiba models, I'm sure that the site will have a configurator to allow processor selection. Justifying the US$2599 starting price is a bit hard, especially given that the M400 will do the same thing for about US$1000 less.

Tough decision as to whether .45Kilo, a svelte profile and a pretty face is worth $1K...

1K for looks... I'd buy the cheap one and mod it :D

I did that, bought a 9300 and modded it to have the features and looks of an xps2

OK, not that it's going to stop global warming or anything, but I finally came to my senses, as the R400 is only available with a Core Duo, and Mwave will be offering the TOSHIBA PORTEGE M400-EZ5031 with a core2 duo for only US$1453. The availability of a port replicator for the M400 is yet another good reason not to waste money.

Thanks to ozzlo for helping me keep my sanity...

Back