• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tr2-m1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bogie

I just got that heatsink and fan for my wifes one machine, on the box it says, amd duron series , athlonxp up to 3400, will that work ok on a 1.4 athlon not an xp? Also it has termal tape on it whats a good way of removing it as i have as5 i wanna use, thank you

The last thing we'll check out is the base of the sink. What I noticed first off was the clear plastic cover over the entire base and wondered why. Then I saw something that really worried me....on the bottom of the base was one of those icky thermal pads.
Guess what? It's not a thermal pad like I thought. It's actually paste pre-applied at the factory. This kinda threw me for a loop as I wondered why they would do this, but at least it's not one of those !@#$!%@#$ pads.
SOURCE LINK :eek:

**Cons:Cooling ability, Attachment of copper base, Lackluster lap job
:-/

Not sure about the fitment, yet.. :D
This cooler proved at least as effective in our testing as our larger (and much louder) Thermaltake Volcano II cooler. It is also very, very shiny. This cooler proved at least as effective in our testing as our larger (and much louder) Thermaltake Volcano II cooler. It is also very, very shiny.
Though this processor runs fairly hot—around 125-132 degrees Fahrenheit during our testing—it was eminently stable, as well. Now, let's see how it performs.

SOURCE LINK :burn:

Last edited:
I run my second rig with TTr2 and a smart fan combo. I removed the factory paste inbetween both the base/sink and base/CPU then added. Did a lappy job and saw a 10*Cdegree drop. Works well! IMO.

You might wanna use the factory AMD clip instead of the one that the ttr2 came with....It's to hard to use. Feared I may crack the CPU or mobo cause the clip is way to stiff. The factory clip needs modd by grinding those little studs that keep it in place. The studs are located at the fulcrum of the clipps.

33 idle temps. 38 load
A7N8X 1.0
2500 stock
mid tower with
80mm/120 intake
dual 80mm exhaust

Thank you archilochus and Camacho111 this should work good for hers then i think i will lap it first, i have an slk800, but i wll try the tr2-m1 first, thanks again

Thank you for the link archilochus i read it and now i am wondering if i lapped would the water hurt the paste between the copper and the rest of the heatsink, and should i replace the paste they have between the copper and the rest of the heatsink.

Last edited:
I would do like Camacho111 did..Get rid of all of their paste..Lap and apply AS 5..
I removed the factory paste inbetween both the base/sink and base/CPU then added. Did a lappy job and saw a 10*Cdegree drop. Works well! IMO.
You might wanna use the factory AMD clip instead of the one that the ttr2 came with
* Take note..:D

Back