• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Transfer drivers...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

migidarra

Registered
Here is my situation.
I am at work, my internet can't connect to my laptop. My internet back home is slower(less than 2KB/s and hangs up). I have recieved my new SSD WD Silicon Edge blue 128GB. Installed Windows 7 Home on it. However my laptop is an Alienware M11x R1. I never received a DVD or CD with the drivers for anything.
I have an external HDD with plenty of space for transfers.

My Questions
I want to transfer all of my drivers from one HDD to the SSD. That way I can play my games, change my graphics card(this one has the Function Key F6 that allows for changing). However because it is part of the alienware pre-install package I can't change graphics cards on the fly. Also I can't change the lighting effects with Alienware FX. I'm pretty sure most of the functions are with the Command Center that utilized the Function key. However I want to make sure the drivers are installed so i can play my games.

Thanks in advance
Migidarra

Is there a drivers folder on the root of c:? Failing that can you download what you need to from Alienware's website and just put it on your ext drive?

oi, can't download from work computers haha. Only for posting. I'll check thanks

I would check out the alienware web site for driver downloads and then go to a wifi hotspot or the local library to do the downloading. Or you may be able to feed the network admin at work a bag of candy to let you download stuff after hours.

Thats not an option for me. I am in afghanistan....middle of nowhere. I'm thankful for my 2KB haha. When I get to the states in October i'll probably finish everything up. Well I just finished transfering all of the data from System32 folder and a couple others. checking to see what I can install now :/

Wellll the function button to change the graphics card(after installing drivers for both) decided to work for the first time. Or not. The icon came up on my screen and it indicated "Save Power" and didn't actually change...sigh...then hit the power button and it isn't shutting down. any solution for selectable GPU issue...much appreciated.

Thanks,
Migidarra

Back