• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Transporting Noctua D14

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kmo_9000

So I tried searching for some threads about this but only came up with people asking about actually shipping a computer with this HSF.

I want to know what the risks are with me simply transporting my computer in my car across town. I would make sure that it was on it's side with the HSF facing up. So baring me dropping it I should be alright with this right?

Has anyone had any experience with something like this?

Unless you plan on playing bumper cars or filming a new Dukes of Hazzard, I think you will be ok.

I've run a TRUE on my system for many years and moved it a lot without any issue. I recently installed a NH-D14 and the mounting system is just as solid.

^yep, I moved my mounted nh-d14 from brussels to Marseille by car (1100km) and then from marseille to Corsica by boat. No issue whatsoever.

Unless you plan on playing bumper cars or filming a new Dukes of Hazzard, I think you will be ok.

I've run a TRUE on my system for many years and moved it a lot without any issue. I recently installed a NH-D14 and the mounting system is just as solid.

Yes I've also transported a TRUE in a previous system and haven't had and problems. The D14 is such a huge cooler though, I wanted to see what everyone else's experiences were.

I transport my main rig around every other week or so. I have a blanket on the backseat to make sure my case doesn't pick up any scratches and it's been fine. Just make sure it can't slide around or really move and you'll be ok!

Back