• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trouble connecting Berkeley?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
has anyone having trouble connecting to Berkeley this afternoon?! i couldn't up/download any wu since around 2pm est. but berkeley's page saying the server is up & running......:rolleyes:

ok. at least the problem isn't at my end. 'cos i had a 2 hrs power outage this morning :mad: and thought something got screw up......

hope they'll get it sort out soon......:rolleyes:

I noticed the stats pages are slow, but my Q server isn't online during the day so I have no idea about data transfer.

My Queue server has been able to get through, but still has some units to upload. Last connection was 3:21 Its not broken just slow.

Yeah updating user stats doesn't seem to work, I'm still at 401 units... Guess they're having some problems, hope it gets sorted out soon. :beer:

Main page is up. Took about a min to load with cable. My queue is starting to back up with units and is having trouble connecting. Its not totally down, but there are some serious problems going on.

I'm glad this thread was here. I received a couple of error messages when I tried to send in results. I suspected something wrong at SETI, but couldn't even connect to their web page. Then I came here 'cuz I knew if anyone else was having trouble there'd be a note. Anyway, at 9 p.m. CDT, still no connection to Berkley.

From Berkeley:

<snip>
Last updated: 04:05:00 (UTC) on 2002-09-02

Data Server Status
The data server process is not running
Right now the data server machine is up, but the process that actually serves the data is not running. This is probably because we're in the middle of upgrading the server software, or preparing for a quick reboot. These outages are usually brief (10-15 minutes). Please try back again soon.
</snip>

Update:
Last updated: 04:10:00 (UTC) on 2002-09-02
The data server is up and running, but dropping connections
Right now the data server machine is up, but not all clients are able to connect. This is due to our server being swamped with requests, and usually happens right after a server outage, or if there are greater network/database problems we are currently trying to fix. Please try connecting later.

Give it a try!!!

Last edited:
well i decided since i couldent crunch i did the teams benchmark work unit since i havent at this speed yet i think its a good oportunity for anyone who runs out of work units to see how their mashines fair agains everyone elses on the benchmark page

No wonder yesterday's stats are low and I still have results from 9-1 sitting in the queues. It's a good thing the guys at Berkeley don't do this for a living. They would be unemployed. They could use some help with Change Mgt.

Back