• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble installing OS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xebb

Trouble installing OS (ryzen)

Hey, I'm having a bit of trouble with my new ryzen build. I'm having a problem installing any operating system, when trying to install Windows 10 the BSOD messages I received were: stop code: memory_management, irql_not_less_or_equal. My Mobo is msi b350m pro-vdh and a single ram stick that is compatible with itCrucial 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 CL17 DIMM CT8G4DFS824. I have tried different dimm slots but that did not help, I have no extra components to test anything else, and next week is holidays so I'm stuck here with this issue. I did update my bios to the latest version and I've ran memtest which froze on first load and then showed 77 errors within 20minutes of the test. Memtest info https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZOqjlsYC4b9cqWf2nZ0qK9Xu-PbXavmvlynFrCfWRA4/edit?usp=drivesdk.

I'm trying to figure out if its Mobo or ram but I only have 1 stick of ram and I did try all memory slots. Thank you for helping.

Sounds like bad RAM to me. That's what Memtest86 is for.

Check also for bent or damaged CPU/socket pins. This would require removing the CPU so you would need extra thermal grease.

"a single ram stick that is compatible with itCrucial 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 CL17 DIMM CT8G4DFS824" What do you mean compatible with it? What is the actual make and model of the RAM you are using and where did it come from?

Edit: Wait a minute. What Ryzen CPU model are you pairing with that motherboard? If you are using one of the new Ryzens just released on that first generation motherboard then you will first need to do a bios update to make the CPU compatible which would require you to start with a first generation Ryzen CPU.

Last edited:
Sounds like bad RAM to me. That's what Memtest86 is for.

Check also for bent or damaged CPU/socket pins. This would require removing the CPU so you would need extra thermal grease.

"a single ram stick that is compatible with itCrucial 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 CL17 DIMM CT8G4DFS824" What do you mean compatible with it? What is the actual make and model of the RAM you are using and where did it come from?

Edit: Wait a minute. What Ryzen CPU model are you pairing with that motherboard? If you are using one of the new Ryzens just released on that first generation motherboard then you will first need to do a bios update to make the CPU compatible which would require you to start with a first generation Ryzen CPU.

I am pairing with ryzen 1600, I have RMA'd the ram now and will reports back if it was indeed ram, as it was my first guess too after running memtest

Did you try the setting the bios memory parameter to "XMP"? If not, try that before you RMA.

Back