• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble OCing G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 CL14?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What did you do to get them stable at that voltage? Mine sadly won't seem to do above 3600 at 16-16-34 @1.45v

If you are testing it on X299 then you can have problems with 3600+. Play with additional settings like VTT or SA/IO voltages. I see you have ASRock in sig. I just started to play with Taichi XE which supposed to be the same OC wise so maybe I will find something. I have to finally finish Patriot 3733 review so will be testing it some more for next days and it's based on the same Samsung IC as your TridentZ.

If you are testing it on X299 then you can have problems with 3600+. Play with additional settings like VTT or SA/IO voltages. I see you have ASRock in sig. I just started to play with Taichi XE which supposed to be the same OC wise so maybe I will find something. I have to finally finish Patriot 3733 review so will be testing it some more for next days and it's based on the same Samsung IC as your TridentZ.

Awesome, I've replied to you in the other thread as well. I am curious what normal VTT and SA voltages are? When I checked my asrock had them listed higher than I thought was stock. I'm curious how your taichi experiences will be. I really like the board in terms of temps and features, for the price I couldn't pass it up.

On ASUS, IO was ~1.05V and SA was ~0.975V. For some reason when I leave them at auto on ASRock then I get 1.30/1.35V but when I lower them manually to ~1.15V then it works the same. I guess that something isn't right with early BIOS. Next thing, CPU temp in BIOS is below 20°C when ambient temp is ~23°C. After first boot CPU temp was ~13°C.

On ASUS, IO was ~1.05V and SA was ~0.975V. For some reason when I leave them at auto on ASRock then I get 1.30/1.35V but when I lower them manually to ~1.15V then it works the same. I guess that something isn't right with early BIOS. Next thing, CPU temp in BIOS is below 20°C when ambient temp is ~23°C. After first boot CPU temp was ~13°C.

They must have similar bioses because mine does the same thing voltage wise. I'll try dropping them down and see what happens. Also I have the same chilly cpu temps according to bios, lol. It would be sweet to have the cpu run cooler than ambient with just an AIO...

Back