• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble with medal of honor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zealotcadet

Hello, I just loaded Medal of honor:allied assault into my computer the other day, and so i played it (duh). after about 5 min. the game just totaly crashed, nothing responded, only the reset button on my tower. So I thought something was wrong with my direct x, catalyst drivers, etc. I reloaded the latest drivers, AND installed the patch from ea for medal of honor. Is thier a sytem instability or what? I am not overclocking currently on anything.

My system is:

MSI K4 mainboard
AMD athlon 2400+
512mb DDR SDram
80gb wd hd (primary)
10gb wd hd (slave)
52x24x52x CD-RW lite-on
CD/DVD lite-on
Radeon 9500pro
300w power supply

My cooling is optimal and I have no pwer straining issues.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I forgot something in my last post: After I reloaded all the drivers, and installed the patch, I tried it again and it crashed again.

I have no pwer straining issues.
are you sure? because as GT2000 saw, your Powersupply caught my eye as a problem as being only 300w with Athlon XP's namely the tbreds you really need a powersupply of at least 350w or higher

of course if it just happened once it could be just a bad install

Are you using the 3.0 cats?? Go back to 2.5 if you are...

And lower the sound quality in the game, and look at sound card conflicts

Why would I want to go back to catalyst 2.5, aren't updates supposed to fix problems?

I had so many problems with this game when I have my RAM OC'ed. When I set it back to stock speeds everything is fine.

Try that first if your OCing your RAM.

Back