• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

True Spirit Power, NH-D15, NH-D15S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

Thermalright is $50
D15 is $81
D15S is $72

I should go with the Thermalright I think? All reviews seem to indicate it's on par with the other two. Just seems to be too good to be true (no pun intended ;)).

Any last minute advice? Little bit of context:

* Going in a Node 304 (already checked and they all fit for my use case - no HDD bays required)
* Cooling a 4690K @ 1.3V max

Last edited:
Yea, seems like the TRUE cools about the same with slightly less noise than the other two.

If need be, I can remove the spreaders from my tridents. :shrug:

Won't work on that board, you need a board that the first x16 is in the second position.

I don't think that's the case with the P8Z77-I DELUXE which was used in conjunction with the (non-power) true in that thread I linked?

Here's the spec diagram for the one from the thread:

http://www.thermalright.com/html/products/cpu_cooler/true_spirit_140.html?panel=1

And here's the power diagram:

http://www.thermalright.com/html/products/cpu_cooler/true_spirit_140_power.html?panel=1

They seem identical, right? Will it contact the backplate on my card?

EDIT: That card (the 670 from that thread) also seems to have a backplate.

EDIT2: Seems like the D15S would certainly be a safer choice with 5mm less width and the fin stacks shifted away from the GPU. Plus, the fan is in the center, so no ram clearance issues. Hmmm..

This build has a D15

Last edited:
Yea, that certainly looks close, but it could just be the board layout. Using those pictures I linked of the other build in the node 304, it seems doable. I'll need to compare my board's layout to the z77 deluxe, though.

You know, with the level of OC you're talking about, an NH-U9S would be a breeze to fit in there and is plenty of cooling.
Just giving another option :)

Last edited:
As long as you're sure it'll fit, go for it! Any of the three are good options for sure.

I'm fairly certain :) Guess I'll roll the dice. I'll definitely report back. Thanks for bouncing ideas :thup:

Hooray, the True Power fits! :) I'll upload pics in a minute.

Had to remove the fins from one of the sticks of ram and the cooler fan was still a tight squeeze after that, but it's in there and I'm very happy with the noise level. I used the difference in price between the D15S and the True to pick up a couple Noctua NF-9Bs and swapped those in for the two stock front fans.

IMG_3716.JPG

IMG_3717.JPG

3.jpg

Last edited:
Back