• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to overclock but...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lysolabuser

Registered
First off when my computer posts... I mash the del key and I never get into bios... i have to press f2 to do it and it takes me a couple of tries. Once im in the bios my keyboard is really ****ed up for example: none of my numbers work or the enter key... when i press on random keys like "q" it puts a number 2... and x is enter i think... everything is messed up. Does anybody know how to fix this? i have a p8z77-v pro motherboard with the 1805 software which i believe is the latest one

WHats you keyboard ? maybe the MB dont see it right ...

Edit : Try with another keyboard.

Is it already overclocked? Try resetting the CMOS. I know when I push the OC on my memory too far I get some really strange problems.

Try another keyboard and see. I dont even know this keyboard brand. ( its a freakin small thing " :) )

well its overclocked now but i had to write down in a piece of papaer what each letter was... lmao.. so the problem started after i put the new motherboard in...

i tried with an old keyboard and everything was fine... but back when i used to have the sabertooth z77 i used it with the mini keyboard with no problem and thats the keyboard that i use everyday is there any way to fix it... like re install the drivers or something

Tried different USB ports? Otherwise, no clue. The mobo shouldnt have anything to do with the keyboard really...

^^ +1 on trying another USB port.

lysolabuser said:
so the problem started after i put the new motherboard in...

New mobo dont like the keyboard ? not all keyboard work 100% with all bios. try updating to the newest motherboard bios ? just in case ?

As For the Keyboard I know when I switched to WIdows 7 from Vista on a netbook the Keyboard only worked right after I used Numbers Lock I think is was not sure if this will help you.

Back