• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trying to overclock old intel cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brando3733

OK first off I know this comp is old and I do not expect alot out of it but I might as well try and get what I can I am trying to overclock this chip specs are as follows

-intel willamette p4 1.8ghz
-socket 478 mpga
-muliplier is at x18
-rated fsb is 400 mhz
-mobo:biostar u8668 socket 478
-mem:sdram 512mb

keep in mind Im new at overclocking I know how to change cpu clock but I cant seem to figure out how to up the voltage or power supplied to the cpu can anybody help me with this? it be greatly appreciated thanks

Last edited:
the utility I got from the site was warpspeeder which is working well actually Ive gotten the cpu up to 1.96 but for some reason it is not allowing me to adjust the voltage towards the cpu right now its at 1.7 the max i believe is 1.75 so I was gonna up the power a lil to maybe get a lil more from it if possible but the icon is shaded on the utility to open this part up anyone have any ideas why it would be?

The site I linked you to might have a forum, and possibly have a thread regarding that mobo-utility combo that you can "browse" for answers?...worth a looksee. Most forums will let you read threads/posts without joining

Also, I noticed that the page was for the u8668 "D" I dunno if yours has the D on the end of your model # but that might be the difference.
I would D'L the manual also...it is somewhat vague, but there might be something there you missed, Also if you google the mobo model number, and the word overclock in the same box, you might alos find something relevant.
Hope this helps,
Doc

Last edited:
Back