• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to source this Chinese ITX NAS Case (NSC-800)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Double check the "Seasonic PSU" ...
It looks to me a 1U Flex, not a 1U PSU. The NSC-800 takes only 1U.

U-nas sales just sent me my FedEx tracking number. This has been a long time coming. I'm starting to get excited!!!

The SEASONIC SS-250SU is a "1U FLEX" which is much smaller (narrower) than a "1U" PSU. Therefore it does not fit in the NSC-800.

I've got my build fully operational, it's running in open air on my desk, since the case won't arrive till Thursday. The 300w Athena PSU I got is much quieter than I expected (slightly louder than a laptop, but no heavy mechanical whirring noises) and runs everything well.

I've having trouble with the AOC-SASLP-MV8 card supporting 3TB drives, this is a documented issue with a solution which is to update the firmware by booting into dos and flash the bios with the update firmware, but I have little understanding of this and even less luck. The boot USB I made got me into a command prompt on boot but everything I try to do in it gives an error.

I will make posts on this forum for help, but can anyone reading this provide input as well, please?

The SEASONIC SS-250SU is a "1U FLEX" which is much smaller (narrower) than a "1U" PSU. Therefore it does not fit in the NSC-800.

You are right, the 1U PSU have 2 mouting on both side at mid thickness as we can see on your picture

attachment.php

On the seasonic they are around see http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151116

Last edited:
SS-250SU Dimension: 150mm(5.9")*81.5mm(3.2")*40.6mm(1.6")
SS-350M1U Dimension: 190mm(7.5")*81.5mm(3.2")*40.5mm(1.6")

so, the 250U is more narrow, it's still have the space, its smaller, just need to attach it some how to the psu hole.

or am i wrong here?

SS-250SU Dimension: 150mm(5.9")*81.5mm(3.2")*40.6mm(1.6")
SS-350M1U Dimension: 190mm(7.5")*81.5mm(3.2")*40.5mm(1.6")

so, the 250U is more narrow, it's still have the space, its smaller, just need to attach it some how to the psu hole.

or am i wrong here?

Based on the picture Caddish provided I don't think either Seasonic PSUs will fit based on the placement of the screw mounts. I purchased the Athena PSU Raykholo suggested from Newegg.

Last edited:
People, I have a concern.

I remember from early on in this thread either mademax or Randyman provided a statistic of 40mm clearance and it had something to do with how tall the cpu cooler could be. Naturally, the CPU cooler I purchased was just under the 40mm mark and even marketed as "slim".

Having my motherboard + chip + cooler all built now, I measured the entire height of that assembly (from bottom of mobo to top of cpu fan) to be just under 2in, which equals 50mm. While we don't have our cases for several more days, I'm growing concerned that I might not have enough space. Any thoughts? Did I screw up and misread their statistic?

Thanks

I'm growing concerned that I might not have enough space. Any thoughts?

Back on page 3 mademax posted his build, using a scythe kozuti, which is 40mm tall and there was 1.5mm spare. I'm going with a Noctua NH-L9i which is 37mm tall.

I also went with the Seasonic SS-300M1U and have ordered this bracket to make it fit.

My case arrives next Wednesday but will have to wait on the bracket from my freight forwarder (eBay seller didn't ship to Oz) :(

Back on page 3 mademax posted his build, using a scythe kozuti, which is 40mm tall and there was 1.5mm spare. I'm going with a Noctua NH-L9i which is 37mm tall.

I also went with the Seasonic SS-300M1U and have ordered this bracket to make it fit.

My case arrives next Wednesday but will have to wait on the bracket from my freight forwarder (eBay seller didn't ship to Oz) :(

Thank you for the reassuring statement. After reviewing the images, and noticing that, just like in my case, the cooler is taller than the RAM, I feel that everything should be fine.

In the area of misc. components, the Athena PSU only has 2 sata power outputs, and that isn't enough, so I plan to get a sata splitter like this, after I get the case and verify that it will work. Anyone know of a cheaper splitter like that?

Speedster, I was unable to find how many Sata power outputs your Seasonic has, so this may apply to your build as well ^.

Speedster, I was unable to find how many Sata power outputs your Seasonic has, so this may apply to your build as well ^.

I don't think it's an issue because the backplane has two molex connectors for power, doesn't it? So only the 2.5" OS drive needs a SATA power connector from the PSU.

I purchased the Athena PSU but I initially wanted the Seasonic SS-350M1U but didn't get it because it wouldn't fit. Now that I know there's a brackett I may return it. But in the mean time please keep us updated on the stability of the Seasonic

My server chassis just came and it looks awesome. Who can tell me how (or rather where) to upload pictures (to)?

Meanwhile, I will try using tinypic.

Thanks for the help guys, but my photos exceed the attachment size limit, and since I want everyone to see this ASAP instead of messing around, I will keep that in mind for next time. Sorry everything's upside down, not sure how that happened.

jjqzuu.jpg

5z1hkx.jpg

a3jz3q.jpg

4qpo4p.jpg

2ns6hk0.jpg

331eyip.jpg

24mexvn.jpg

33nkwid.jpg

9a1zb7.jpg

2qktfuv.jpg

Last edited:
use "GO ADVANCED" to post reply, you will see an icon looks like a "paper clipper", click it and you will be able to upload pictures from your local computer.

Thanks for the help guys, but my photos exceed the attachment size limit, and since I want everyone to see this ASAP instead of messing around, I will keep that in mind for next time.

Some notes: Delivery was VERY quick (shipped from China Thursday, arrived today (Tuesday), 2 days ahead of the ETA. I'm very happy with that. I've never had a shipment from China arrive ahead of time, much less on time, or in less than a week. Packaged very well. Many screws and accessories included, hopefully all that are necessary are.

Speedster (above) is correct that the backplane requires 2 Molex 4 pin connectors, not SATA power connectors, and the Athena PSU indeed has 2 of the Molex 4 pin connectors.
Backplane wire management is done for you.

The pics above are just of the shipment and what the case looks like, taken (with my iPhone 5) as soon as I was able to for your viewing pleasure.

In depth pics of the internals of the case and of my build are to follow, using an actual digital camera (I promise) and the attachment feature I've just learned about. Thank you mjyu51 and txus

Back