• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tuniq Tower 140 Extreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kitsuni

I bought a Tuniq Tower 140 Extreme for my new computer build the other day. I had it installed without the speed controller and it was working fine but i could not get it to lower from 100% rpm. So I just now installed the controller and though the fan in running nothing is recognizing a fan in the CPU Fan plug, thus I am getting warnings. I know the fan and controller are working properly but I was wonder if I should just ignore the warnings because I know them to be false or get rid of the controller and just live with the noise and possibility of premature failure due to the constant high speed?

Note: My speedfan has been showing cpu temp at -60C, though the ASUS monitor shows it at 18C (under load). Is this just a limitation to speedfan?

I bought a Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme for my new computer build the other day.

FTFY

I not sure which board you are using, but did you perhaps have the motherboard's fan control set to PWM mode in BIOS? You would need to control voltage if you want to ramp down the stock fan on the Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme. As for using the included fan controller, make sure you power it with the CPU fan header. It should detect the RPM just fine afterwords.

id use hw monitor or core temp speedfan is dated to say the least but id try to set up the pwm control in the bios as killmenow suggested, and use the mobo plug

I'm using the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-z, HWMonitor shows my CPU temp 60c at one point 30 on the cores, while the ASUS software shows it at 16c. And I do have it plugged into the CPU fan header, and it just refuses to show no matter what I change. I entered the BIOS and switch the fan controls on but most of the fans including CPU still say 0rpm, only one fan is actually registering and its running at about 750rpm. =(

id try to set up the pwm control in the bios

The stock fan is a non-PWM fan, so it would have to be set to Voltage Control.

Kitsuni, how many fans do you have plugged into your motherboard? Also, does the yellow wire from the fan header eventually connect to the actual fan? If so, are there any breaks at all? I assume that you are using the proper CPU fan header on your board.

Ok I believe I know what you're talking about now. But I do have another question.. Say I were to replace all my fans with ones that have PWM control, is there any programs out there that you can create a virtual environment of your PC and where the fan are located so it can change each fan according to what needs to be cooled? <.<

Your board should be able to control both the CPU fan and the System fan separately. You can likely set your own parameters in BIOS, or fine-tune it with Fan Xpert+ from ASUS. As for simulating the conditions of your PC, that it completely unnecessary. Just create your parameters with your target temperatures/noise thresholds in mind, or let the board manage the fans itself.

Back