• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turbo Ratio No Longer Exists (P8Z68-M Pro)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RobJaworski

Last night i updated my ASUS bios revision from the original to the latest one available. When i went to go reset all of my oc preferences, i noticed the turbo ratio option was no longer present. I have an ASUS P8Z68-m Pro motherboard. Can anyone shed some light on how i can overclock the board without the turbo raio option, as thats what i have seen done all over the internet. Please bear with me as i am very new at this. Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated. My system specs:

Asus P8Z68-M Pro motherboard
Intel Core i7 2600K @3.4gHz
Corsair GS800 Power Supply
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 graphics card
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler
2x 4GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR3 1600

You don't need any turbo ratio option. Just set manually cpu ratio and that's all. If you are overclocking and wish to have cpu ratio drop when cpu is in idle then enable EIST option. Also C1 can be enabled in most cases and shouldn't affect stability after OC. Just turn off other power saving features like C3/C6 stages.

Maybe someone who owns this board will give some more tips as I don't remember all options in that BIOS.

When i try to manually set the CPU ratio, it will not allow it to go past the stock 3.4ghz... Is there a way around this?

I have tried to flash back my BIOS, but unfortunately i am getting an error in the DOS boot that says "bad command or file name", i have followed the instructions exactly. Any idea what the problem may be? Is there any way around this problem without having to flash the bios back?

The BIOS is corrupted, which is why I linked you to that thread. It has instructions on how to overcome the earlier revision flash back issue.

Back