• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turn Wired PC Speakers into Wireless?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CreePinG_DeatH

Right now I have the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultras. I'm moving intoa new apartment and my girlfriend has aservice animal in training. I don't want the wires to tempt the dog and have him start chewing through my audio system.

Is there a way to turn these wired speakers into wireless? Thanks for any help/answers.

I looked into this a while ago briefly. Others might be able to give you a better answer. The only solution I found was some module you could buy at radio shack. The modules though were expensive for a surround sound system and degraded sound quality. In the end I sucked it up and ended up buying a few spools of speaker wire for back up (with my rabbit) and spent a few hours carefully tucking the speaker wire under the carpet, pulling up door trim on the ground and puttin it under there, carefully notching out and moving wall trim and tucking it in there. It took a long time but in the end at made it look good and hidden. There is the option of going to Lowe's and buying conduit. The make 4 foot sections of white and black speaker wire conduit. That might help hide speaker wire to.

Bah.... thank you for the feedback. I guess if I can't find anything I'll sell my promedias and just get a 2.1 desktop system... It's a shame though, I love my speakers and the make movies and guitar sound great!

I wouldnt sell them. They are a great system. Just spend some time running the wires. You wont be upset.

Bah.... thank you for the feedback. I guess if I can't find anything I'll sell my promedias and just get a 2.1 desktop system... It's a shame though, I love my speakers and the make movies and guitar sound great!

Now you can get rid of them inferior computer speakers and move up to a real stereo ;). Craigslist is your friend. Look for a vintage Marantz, Sansui, Kenwood, Pioneer, or Sherwood. Pair it with a set of decent bookshelves and youre good as gold. If you dont want to try and find a vintage receiver for a good price, consider the Pop Pulse T-Amp from www.audiomagus.com or the Trends Audio TA-10.1 T-amp. You will need high sensitivity speakers for the T-amp, because they only put out ~5wpc, but the right speakers on a T-amp will make your ears bleed more so than your Promedias :D.

Now you can get rid of them inferior computer speakers and move up to a real stereo ;). Craigslist is your friend. Look for a vintage Marantz, Sansui, Kenwood, Pioneer, or Sherwood. Pair it with a set of decent bookshelves and youre good as gold. If you dont want to try and find a vintage receiver for a good price, consider the Pop Pulse T-Amp from www.audiomagus.com or the Trends Audio TA-10.1 T-amp. You will need high sensitivity speakers for the T-amp, because they only put out ~5wpc, but the right speakers on a T-amp will make your ears bleed more so than your Promedias :D.

I wish I could but it's not in the budget. I just wanted to see if there was a wireless option; running the wires isn't really an option since the apartment will be brand new and we will be moving to another apartment in November.

Are there any wireless speaker systems that I could at least look at? I'm sure they're expensive, but I'm curious to see what's available.

Cant you just wait till November? I'm sure a headset would be good enough till then.

I can wait... it just kills me because my guitar and games sounded so awesome lol. Now I have to wait basically the whole first semester ;-) That's alright; I'll just plug in the 2 front and center channels with the sub for now

Back