• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Twin Towers Trading Inc.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quigsby

Hey folks, I was checking out my checking account today and there's an auth in there from Twin Towers Trading, Inc.

First off, I've never used this company.

Secondly, I'm wondering how reputable this company is. I saw this site about two weeks ago while browsing sites, but never entered any information, not even my email address.

I called my bank and they said it's a "specialty retailer-Misc." merchant.

I work for a CC company, so I know how this goes, just stinks when you're the person that may have to do a dispute.

Anyone have similar problems (maybe even with this same company)?

BTW, I called them, but they work 8-5 EST, too early for me as I got off work late, will have to call them tommarrow.

Are you sure they did not install a tracking/collection cookie onto your system? Did you check for spyware. Possibly they collected your info from previous things you done on the pc. That really sucks though. I hope you get if figured out. Thankfully I have never had to deal with anything like that as of yet. Hopefully never.

C-ya

I wasn't aware merchants were able to load cookies into your browser that allowed them to get banking information. Usually that stuff is encrypted.

As for spyware I run Spybot - Search & Destroy about once a week at the latest, so I have a hard time believing they'd be able to steal my checking info from that.

Found out what it was for :) Had bought something at a show, and had no idea the merchant ran under this name. Totally forgot about it.

Last edited:
Back