• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TX650 is buzzing like crazy!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

philzzz

Registered
Hi guys,

I have been playing with my cpu o/c and fan tweaking (bios control with temps), and windows power options to 'high performance' and since then, my corsair tx650 has been buzzing REALLY LOUD ! I opened the case, and its buzzing when it is not moving; as if the motor is trying real hard to make the fan turn, which does eventually but then stops and buzzing comes back.

Has it been one of my changes, or did I mishandle my pc -- I realllly do not think I have mishandled my tower, I am very careful...

Seems like there is some problem with fan if it's not spinning. If it won't run at standard settings/ load then it's time to make RMA or change fan.
These fans are loud if PSU is loaded in 50%+ but are generally solid.
Actually I changed 650TX V2 in my bro pc yesterday as it was too loud under load. It has warranty for 4 more years so I can sell it in good price ( at least I hope so as it's in perfect condition ).

Actually, it does spin at startup; it is very weird situation. It starts spinning with no problem, just a couple of mintues after booting into windows, does it start buzzing like crazy and not spin; then it would start to spin, and stop and start buzzing again... over and over and over...

Agree it sounds like time to RMA it. TX v2 have fan noise but new ones in last few months are much better. Fan won't even spin until it's needed to cool things. With any luck you will get a new one exchange on RMA. ;)

If you reset your changes to stock, does it still make noise?
If so, it's RMA time for the PSU.

Corsair's RMA website states that i cant be shipped to canada????

I really don't want to RMA -- 2 weeks minimum with no pc, I just can't do it... Especially, if the same thing'll happen to the new one. I have to be absolutely sure...

Can Windows power settings affect the tx650 ?
Can playing around with fan and fan headers affect the tx650 ?
Could the noise happen because I need a bigger psu ?
Could electrical anomalies in the house cause the noise ?

ie : the manual control of the push/pull fans on the water cooler rad make the psu become unsure and go crazy on "should i start/stop/start/stop/start/stop" ??

I am currently not at home; this is why I am asking for some people's opinion regarding the changes I made (fan headers and cpu o/c and windows management) could potentially affect the psu ?? I thought the psu had a mind of its own, no matter what settings are for the rest of the PC... Therefore, maybe its a temp issue ? Or the temp sensor in my psu busted and makes it insane

my opinion is do what Bob asked ;)

if that doesnt reset some intresting qwerk youve discovered then its broketh... and RMA it shall be :)

EDIT: it happens... I have a £100 bench PSU with thermostat controlled fan... only its borked and stuck on full... weighs 9kg and I have to carry it into the shop.... I feel sorry for me :D

OK, so I think there is a problem with my Corsair tx650.. I will RMA it. In the mean time, I have bought a Corsair HX750. I am not impressed, so far... My computer will not go to sleep anymore since the change, and for no reason, every minute (even on idle) the psu would spin to max and stop (which is really loud). Why ??? -- urhgggg I keep on having issues !!!!

Ok, so here's the situation.

I had bought a tx650 and started to make a crazy buzzing sound.

I went out to get a hx750, and it was spinning to max every minute, even at idle -- made no sense.

I exchanged for a tx750 (they had no more hx series), and it made different electronic sounds. So I went to get myself reimbursed.

So now, I am back with the tx650 that I couldn't bring back to the store because it has been past 15 days. And it is buzzing like crazy. I have even bought another surge outlet and no changes -- so I lost money there too. I have put my motherboard settings to factory default, and still noisy as heck.

I am having a hard time believing I have got 3 broken Corsair PSU's in a week; but thing is, my PC is at default and should not be causing the PSU to act to weirdly...

Any advice before I go crazy myself ?

Back