• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tyrinon, better tune up the Farm!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muddocktor

Retired
Because I am getting my farm back up in fine meddle and I'm gunning to knock you out of 1st place in RAC, d00d!:burn: :attn:

I now have the whole farm back up on the chicken apps and now have 4 C2D's in the cabbage patch (3 desktops and my laptop).

And if I can figure it out, I can always install boinc on my Linux X2 system too and pull that in for the cause too.:cool:

So tune em up man!:welcome:

Well, it should be interesting if I can keep the four C2D's at bay with my Pentium D/Xeon farm. :D Guess I'll have to o/c the budget boards for a few extra points. :attn: Crunch on! :burn:

Top 50!

It's tough to catch those above me in RAC. Strange though a month or so back before all of the recent problems with SETI I was #6 in RAC. Who did we lose? I've been in the #2 or #3 spot related to RAC for the past couple of weeks. That tells me we lost some pretty big crunchers?

As a side note, I should break the top 50 some time in the next 24 hours.:cool:

Damn Tyrinon, you sure are making it hard for me to catch, man! I keep upping my RAC but you do also. I have closed to less than 1000 credits/day in RAC on you though. Keep up the great crunching d00d! :attn:

bwernicke, I've been watching you trying to sneak through the back door with your RAC too. I know I better not stumble or you will be on me like white on rice. :clap: And congrats on making the top 50 in total points too. :thup:

As for the ones we lost, I noticed that markodude seems to have shut down crunching. I hope that everything is OK for him over there.:shrug:

I thought I would catch you today Tyrinon, but you are still holding me off. One thing I did notice though is that both you and I are flirting around with being in the top 100 Seti contributors in RAC though. :cool:

Keep on crunching man and I'll keep trying to catch you. :D

You haven't caught me yet? lol Don't tell me that I have to turn on the old machines. :D

What site are you checking to see the SETI contributors RAC? I've been using boincsynergy for combined projects, and it shows 255 for RAC placement, and 583 for TC. :attn:

Congrats muddocktor! :D I'll have to watch you zip on by b/c my PD's won't be able to match your Conroe farm. I'll have to see what I can do to up production. lol

These Conroes really will run through some work in a hurry. Even my laptop is over 1300 RAC. I can't wait until the price drops next month so I can upgrade another machine. I want to get a quad up and running, watercooled. I've already got a Storm and an Iwaki pump for the upgrade together.

The laptop is producing 150+ RAC more than my Opty 165 system running at 2700 MHz. :eek:

Conroes really rock for number crunching, and they are a powersavers too (compared to netburst). Can't wait to get my E4300 back online.
Crunch on.

muddocktor said:
These Conroes really will run through some work in a hurry. Even my laptop is over 1300 RAC. I can't wait until the price drops next month so I can upgrade another machine. I want to get a quad up and running, watercooled. I've already got a Storm and an Iwaki pump for the upgrade together.

The laptop is producing 150+ RAC more than my Opty 165 system running at 2700 MHz. :eek:
:confused: Are you using the latest optimizer for the 165. It ought to do better:

ductworks (4400 @ 2.6 GHz) 99% cruncher - 1,484.62 RAC
quietice (Opty 180 @ 2.7 GHz) ~85% cruncher - 1,310.08 RAC

Still not much against a good C2D but ...

Last edited:
QuietIce said:
:confused: Are you using the latest optimizer for the 165. It ought to do better:

ductworks (4400 @ 2.6 GHz) 99% cruncher - 1,484.62 RAC
quietice (Opty 180 @ 2.7 GHz) ~85% cruncher - 1,310.08 RAC

Still not much against a good C2D but ...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest A64 chicken apps on that rig. It's actually not far back from your Opty, QuietIce, at 1235 RAC. It's just amazing how much better the Conroes are at number crunching than even the Opty's that ruled last year before Conroe came along. But that Opty 165 rig is still one sweet computer and a great backup machine in case my main rig or my daughter's rig would go down with a problem.

Back