• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UBER ELITE Intel system complete! - Specs inside...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RubiX³ some of your comments are unnecessary and uncalled for. No personal attacks are allowed, period. I own 3 macs, what is the problem with that? I also own many PC's; I don't understand the mac bashing.

Rubix you are overreacting, if you were offended by this thread then don't post in it, simple.

And that "That's all you got? I'm done with ya." statment is also unfounded and childish, this is not the come up with your best burn thread. If you wanted to play that then I would bury you, however I've been in enough childish forums to not bother with this one. He was stating on how this little p3 is quite fast and how it may suprise some people that play 3gig p4 machines. He started this thread with nothing to deal with apple, nor does he follow in the relm of your typical macidiot. I've been here a while and chasingapple knows what he is doing, it is his choice to buy a mac and it is his choice to like it regardless of what you do and say. So back off.

nikhsub1 said:
RubiX³ some of your comments are unnecessary and uncalled for. No personal attacks are allowed, period. I own 3 macs, what is the problem with that? I also own many PC's; I don't understand the mac bashing.

I was the first one called an idiot pal.

Reread. I wasn't MAC bashing.

Mr. $T$ said:
Rubix you are overreacting, if you were offended by this thread then don't post in it, simple.

And that "That's all you got? I'm done with ya." statment is also unfounded and childish, this is not the come up with your best burn thread. If you wanted to play that then I would bury you, however I've been in enough childish forums to not bother with this one. He was stating on how this little p3 is quite fast and how it may suprise some people that play 3gig p4 machines. He started this thread with nothing to deal with apple, nor does he follow in the relm of your typical macidiot. I've been here a while and chasingapple knows what he is doing, it is his choice to buy a mac and it is his choice to like it regardless of what you do and say. So back off.

Thanks Mr. $T$, I have been here awhile huh! *SCARY*. Well, guess what dude, I sold off the P4 rig, the Athlon XP rig, and all my other modern systems over the last few months to help pay for the new iMac and iBook (for da wife), yet I keep finding old hardware around the house, I can build another PC with some of the other stuff I found, lol. I plan on going mobile with my PC in the future. This 500Mhz system is getting itself a desktop VCR like case and being put into the entertainment center as a media PC, it holds all the anime anyway so it might as well play them on the TV as well.

As for my future *REAL* PC, I think I am going to get me a Pentium-M based notebook, I want lots of battery life, a good amount of power, and of course a nice graphics subsystem. I think as long as it has a Radeon 9600 64MB or above I will be ok. Im kinda tired of huge desktop systems taking up lots of space, so a notebook should do well. Portable gaming mate! Lan party system, hehe.

RubiX³ said:
Reread. I wasn't MAC bashing.
Really?

RubiX³ said:
I go to an artschool where every single person is spoiled silly and owns a mac - and loves to tell of it. You know, the kind of people who hardly know how to turn on a computer...

:rolleyes:

nikhsub1 said:

Alright. You posted it, but you apparently still cannot read.

I bashed anyone that believes their hardware puts them ahead of anyone else - in this case (and most cases in the industry) garrulous (reread - garrulous) Mac guys.

I typed it out - again. Maybe this thread needs a crayon font.

RubiX³ said:

Alright. You posted it, but you apparently still cannot read.

I bashed anyone that believes their hardware puts them ahead of anyone else - in this case (and most cases in the industry) garrulous (reread - garrulous) Mac guys.

I typed it out - again. Maybe this thread needs a crayon font.

Rubik, Lighten up

Rule#1 states this: 1. Absolutely NO personal attacks will be tolerated, no exceptions!

Take a moment and read the forum Rules

With that said Macaphiles are more than welcome here and are entitled to their opinion. This thread isn't even about Macs but that's besides the point.

I'm lightened - for real. I'm just not fond of repeating myself. You've all missed the point, but that's ok - it's time to leave work in a minute anyways.

Edit: No red text for the very first insult of this thread - which was at my expense? That's fair.

Silversinksam said:

Rubik, Lighten up

Rule#1 states this: 1. Absolutely NO personal attacks will be tolerated, no exceptions!

Take a moment and read the forum Rules

With that said Macaphiles are more than welcome here and are entitled to their opinion. This thread isn't even about Macs but that's besides the point.

Im a machaphile now? ;) NAAAAAAHHH. I just got rid of my HUGE desktop PC's. I plan on going mobile for awhile with a Pentium-M notebook :D

Update on UT2004, I have no sound card in my computer but UT2004 was still rendering it, went into the UT2004.ini and disabled sound, framerates shot up! Now I can run the game in 800x600 (even in assault and onslaught) with everything set to normal, woowoo! The little game system that could.

One of the coolest features of this computer is the noise, there are NO case fans at all in it, only fan in there (other then PS) is a 50mm system fan that makes no sound audible outside the case. There is a cool ducting system setup from the CPU to the PS (thanks to gateway) and really, silent running rig.

CPU is at a nice comfy cool 29c :D

Update again! Found more hardware sitting in the house and decided on a system upgrade. Now the specs are as follows...

Pentium 3 1Ghz (1000/256/133)
Abit ST-6
512MB PC-133 Memory (Crucial)
80GB WD SE HD 8MB Cache.
Radeon LE (modded to Radeon DDR 32MB)
Hercules Muse XL 5.1 Sound
Lite-On 52x CD-RW
Lite-On 16x DVD-Rom
Alienware Hydraulic Case (Black, neat case)
300w PS

Well there ya go! Once I get everything installed on it (fresh format) I shall see how it does at UT2004 :)

Cheers!

I wish I had hardware laying around -_-

Wait I do! But mine is dual, hahahah.

Now you have two servers, I guess? Or one Gaming rig and one server?

One as a file server/media center for the TV and one for gaming. Damn I still have parts laying around doing nothing. Good lord did I really buy this much stuff?

Back