• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uh O, Big Prob. With My Rig.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WannaBNerd

Hmm..well few days ago i came home from school, played a lil WoW then unplugged my comp to take it to my dad's house to play. When i got there i plugged it back in and when i started it up after seeing my wallpaper pop up, nuthing happened no windows or nething. I was able to ctrl+alt+del so i did to try to open explore.exe or dos but nuthing was working....WHAT HAPPENED TO MY COMP.!?!?! ne thoughts r well appreciated, Thnx

i have had this happen going to lan parties...try a windows reinstall....always worked for me...jsut besure to install without formatting so you dont lose as much, if any thing

Well specs and more info would be nice. But if all possible itd probably nice not having to do a clean load. Unless he doesnt mind. Just make sure everything is snug inside maybe something got knocked loose or something. And does it do the eact same thing everytime you boot up or have u tried it just once?

My friend's computer was doing that, as it turned out all he had to do was ctrlaltdel to get his desktop back. I'm not quite sure how he fixed it, but it's not a problem anymore.

yes i checked every thing was plugged in, i reformated and installed windows xp pro...i managed to install video driver and chipset driver that came with my mobo on cd...now when i put in the cd i get a blue screen every time

sounds like the HDD went south, last time i kicked my box, the same thing happen, turned out it was the HDD, try swaping it with another HDD and see what happen. If not then change the ram, keep changing stuff out till you can hit the problem, it's pointless having us point this and that when we don't really know your system or what happened. Try it, HDD 1st, RAM, Vid, make sure you only use a barebone system, no 2nd HDD sound cards or crap like that, simple CPU mobo HDD RAM and boot.

uhmm...well the thing that comes like with my mobo shows temps (which r inacurate) and like voltages and it says its running under 12v but that has always been kinda low

Back