• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unable to view workgroup computers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

y2j

Hi,

I recently have trouble viewing my workgroup computers, but in the past it I was able to view the workgroup. I have a linksys wireless g router. No dsl or cable internet, but planning to get one soon. Two computers are connected directly to the router by cables and the rest are using wireless adapters. All computers are using Windows XP (Pro & Home). I am able to search for each computer over the network and I was able to find them and go into them, but all my pc's cannot view the whole network just individuals computers. How can I fix this? Your help is highly appreciated.
Thank you

Make sure you change the network settings so all the computers use the same workgroup like MSHOME or something like that.
After you click in My Computer for "view workgroup computers", try clicking "Microsoft Windows Network" and it *should* display all the computers from each workgroup.

Also make sure that you that you dont have the XP firewall activated. If you use the wizard to set up you network ,Windows, by default activates it. Disable it and you should be able to get to the other computers

Back