• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uninstall windows 8 and reinstall windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I read this:

"Unfortunately with Windows 8 you can not boot from bios. The F2 function no longer works to get into the bios."

Is that true? Will that cause problems? Seems like Windows 8 keeps taking away usability.

That doesnt make any sense for it to prevent you from getting into the BIOS.

The manual will say if you need to hold Esc or other key to get into BIOS.

Windows 8 "takes away usability" by making you take extra steps to accomplish what you could with one step under earlier versions of Windows and therefore making you shake your head in anger over having to spend your extra valuable time -- each and every time.

The solution is to make Windows 8 boot directly into Desktop and restoring the Start Menu. You will then have Windows 7 interface while keeping any benefits of Windows 8.

I read this:

"Unfortunately with Windows 8 you can not boot from bios. The F2 function no longer works to get into the bios."

Is that true? Will that cause problems? Seems like Windows 8 keeps taking away usability.

This is not strictly true. It is difficult to hit a key and enter the BIOS, but this is not impossible to do (I installed/uninstalled Win8 last week).

Set the boot selection delay to say 10sec and you will have ample time to hit Del/F11/F12 or whatever key you wish. Alternatively, if you have set the first boot device as something other than the hard drive (USB for example), you can put in a non-OS USB stick to buy some time to enter the BIOS.

so i have to use msconfig to go in and change that boot time?

windows 8 is starting to sound like a virus trying to take control of stuff.... if 8 craps out then trying to run boot disks become next to impossible if you cant boot windows....

once again microsoft fails.

All you need to know is which key to press. Is it Esc? Or another F key on your machine.

Then you keep pressing it as the machine boots and you will get into BIOS before Windows 8 loads. That is how I got into Windows 8 laptop BIOS.

Back