• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking Phenom II X2 550

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lemonhawk

Went in to the Bios did the stuff to trigger the extra core, the message about updating the firmware occurred then after Win7 came up I looked at AMD Overdrive and the Processor had been changed to the strange X4 name, but in the status monitor only 2 core showed (with the expected exotic core temperatures), Control Alt Del and its processor display also only showed 2 cores. Rerunning the performance index also did not show any difference. Does this mean the the cores are so bad the cannot be unlocked?

I have the same motherboard and CPU. On my rig, the CPU is identified as B50 x4 and all four cores are visible under Win7. Did you set ACC BIOS setting to Hybrid?

Yes, ACC was set to "Hybrid" and AMD overdrive reports the processor as a B50 X4, but the core 3 and 4 displays are grayed out. Like I said, even the thermal output was messed up on the 2 working cores which is another indication that something had been triggered, just nothing showed up. Any additional hints are appreciated. I'll try everthing again since I boosted the voltage to the OCZ Platinum memory.

Actually its the Firmware that's set to Hybrid.
X2 X4
Firmware Disabled Hybrid
ACC Disabled Auto

Maybe I've set too much? I think the ACC selections are disabled, auto, all cores , ???? Can't remember now wnat it said.

Back