• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unsafe temp for amd system =( oh oh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Proper sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and spell checking are all invaluable tools for communicating effectively... and evading FLAMES.

I would have liked to attempt to help here, but I can only decipher roughly 50% of what is being said.

I got this one for the sound.. hmm I still think its reading hot =P oh well thanks for help

I.M.O.G. said:
Proper sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and spell checking are all invaluable tools for communicating effectively... and evading FLAMES.

I would have liked to attempt to help here, but I can only decipher roughly 50% of what is being said.

Hehe agreed :)

Huked ahn foniks werked 4 mee tew!

my 2100 gets really hot too.with my Thermal Take V9 at 3500 rpm it was like 45° load. and that was STOCk 1.81 V :eek: but I lowered it to 1.75V and it is doing much better now. (41° load)

Hey Tollphree, your temps are around 39C. Since i'm guessing your running the k7n2 (or any k7 board) the temps taken are from the cpu die. A socket temp sensor will report your 49C temps at around 39C. I have a k7n2g and it reports 42C for my 2100+. Idle i'm at 42C, load it goes up to 45C. That ceramique stuff works great! I tested the temps on another processor that reported idle temps of around 33C and loads of 37C. You should be fine with your temps.

hmm ok I have the k7n2 dunno about the g =P hehe
39c isnt bad =) lol thanks

What kind of cooling do you have in your case? Even with the best HSF out if you don't have good air flow in your case your temps will remain high. Also for an AMD chip 49C idle isn't to bad, but I would suggest against overclocking the chip until you improve your temps. General rule I follow with my systems, both Intel and AMD is not to start worrying when the temp goes over 60C and to shut the computer down and let it cool off a bit when it gets to 65C.

well like he said it might be running hotter then it really is so maybe its really 39c - 40c idel .. wich is perfecly fine =P

I member my old asusv333 board was like this it would read my temp 8c hotter then it really was

Back