• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Update Crap-a-damn

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Prime has been running from 14:45 and it's now 15:28 and it hasn't been over 55c, woohoo, also I'm using it like normal while that's testing and the computer is STILL running quick as hell and all the cores are maxed, lol

I just want to make one point first Jethro, you should have left the Cooler venting to the top. Now you're just circulating hot air back into the box.
Your temps are much more acceptable now that's one good sign and for $30 you could grab a hyper 212 and most likely get it to 3.8-3.9 without too much hassle. I would ask that you do a run with P95 and have that HWMonitor open more so we can see voltages for the core, socket and core temps. It may still be possible to get a bit out of this if we can lower your voltage some.

I just want to make one point first Jethro, you should have left the Cooler venting to the top. Now you're just circulating hot air back into the box.
Your temps are much more acceptable now that's one good sign and for $30 you could grab a hyper 212 and most likely get it to 3.8-3.9 without too much hassle. I would ask that you do a run with P95 and have that HWMonitor open more so we can see voltages for the core, socket and core temps. It may still be possible to get a bit out of this if we can lower your voltage some.

I said before on here I think that it doesn't really matter as my computer isn't in a case, it's just well no sides, no front, it's just the frame of the case that was.... and okay I'll get one now mate!

Just letting you know the computer isn't overclocked (YET) so everything is still stock how it came out the box (apart from it missing a pin on the CPU)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    44 KB · Views: 34
I had mine recirculating back into the box for awhile since my case had only a small amount of space in the top and no vent. Eventually I modded my case and made a vent into the top and that actually lowered my temps about and 2c

Yea I remember you saying that earlier on. When I go for higher benchmarks I take my sides off and have a fan blow through till I see if it's stable once stable I put sides on and see my true temps. It's usually only 3-4 higher.

Ya you're really pushing the limit on your cooling. We could most likely dial the V_Core back a bit and still remain stable but you're definately not going to go any faster I don't think.

Mega lol!

Attachments

• IMG_0364.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG
    768.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    786.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0366.JPG
    IMG_0366.JPG
    310.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0367.JPG
    IMG_0367.JPG
    706.8 KB · Views: 32
Ya you're really pushing the limit on your cooling. We could most likely dial the V_Core back a bit and still remain stable but you're definately not going to go any faster I don't think.

What cooling? It's gone down from 5 fans to 2 now, lol so if need be, I could add the other 2 back on there (I would say in but yeah, lol)

From the look of it that poor thing is suffocating, the only air the cooler gets is what it's fans can pull in and that's not enough. If you have a house fan try what Ray said and point it at the case you'll see a big difference I bet.

and YES that car Amp IS connected to my PC Via the 12V outlet, it's a 500W car Amp and I'm running my Skull Candy Phase 2 XL headphones and my Bose speaker system (with extras [2 300W subs, 5 50W speakers and 5 100W speakers]

From the look of it that poor thing is suffocating, the only air the cooler gets is what it's fans can pull in and that's not enough. If you have a house fan try what Ray said and point it at the case you'll see a big difference I bet.

I'll add the other 2 fans in there to push them in, I got a few holes in the Amp where it was in my car so I can have them zip tied to that to push air in and then one to push the air through the heatsink fins to the back fan which sucks it out the frame work

Lol I wasn't going to ask about the amp. Adding those other fans to it probably wouldn't do a whole lot with no sides but a small floor fan straight into the case would help

Put them in the front and push air back towards the cooler if you can. Need to get some cool air in there.

Back