• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updating to W10 From W8.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well it's easy to tell who's not using it. The people who complain about Windows 8 are not using it ;).

If Microsoft released Classic Shell option for Windows 8, as just an option, if they did that then Windows 7 percentage of users would have dropped significantly long ago, and nobody would even talk about the minority of users who liked Metro, they could have had full Metro without anyone ever complaining because the majority would have simply switched Classic Shell ON and enjoyed Windows 8 for what it is - a great OS, which feels snappier for most people...

I got your PM how Classic Shell made Windows 10 transition easier for you. Most people use it with 8, since Windows 10 start menu is not that bad. It is customizable somewhat.

After months of using it, I broke down and went back to classic shell because I couldn't figure out how to make an expandable Recent Items list on Windows 10 start menu...

Attachments

• 1450834429778.jpg
    1450834429778.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 28
I got your PM how Classic Shell made Windows 10 transition easier for you. Most people use it with 8, since Windows 10 start menu is not that bad. It is customizable somewhat.

After months of using it, I broke down and went back to classic shell because I couldn't figure out how to make an expandable Recent Items list on Windows 10 start menu...

C6,

I didn't realize that I could have tried Classic Shell for W8.1 but with the new
build and the free upgrade to the W10 OS was too good not to try so I'm
probably better in the long run to upgrade to the latest W10 and call it a day.

Back