• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Upgrade] MY STUDIO-PC Water Cooling Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

Hey guys just wanted to share my upgrade I9-9900K with a ASUS ROG Maximus Formula Z390 motherboard. I was on an AMD Threadripper 1920X oringally but want with the blue team because of a few keys. 1. I needed something with fast high IPC for music production plus something that can run almost vanilla golden build a (apple). Sorry not trying to break any rules here let me know if that is not acceptable so I can remove it. Other than that I work with Music Production, I enjoy doing Video Editing and Gaming. Felt that the i9-9900K was a perfect chip for my hobbies. Since I was planning to watercool the processor I went with an ASUS ROG Maximus Formula Z390. Not only it looks amazing but it has EK water block on the VRMs. I could had gone with the Extreme but for the cost it only had a few things that I may had enjoy but it was not ground breaking. My next goal is to replace all my fans with Black non-led/rgb fans but one that are great for static pressure for the radiators. If you know of any please feel free to list them. Thanks!

System Specs:
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i9-9900K 8-Core Processor (OC 5.0GHz @ 1.23v) :clap:
MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula)
CPU COOLER: cuplex kryos NEXT VARIO with VISION
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000Mhz 32GB 4x8
GRAPHIC CARD: Vega Frontier Edition 16GB (Flashed to LC) + (EK Watercooled)
CASE: Thermaltake Core X71
POWER SUPPLY: Corsair RMx Series RM850x — 850 Watt 80 PLUS
STORAGE: SAMSUNG 970 500GB M.2
STORAGE: SAMSUNG 970 250GB M.2
STORAGE: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SSD
STORAGE: 1TB WD 7200rpm HDD
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Enjoy the pictures and sorry about the quality. They were taken with my Samsung S7 smartphone and the room is not the best with the lighting. Also I am not sure why the pictures turn out to be side ways. Any idea how I can fix that? :bang head

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 98
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Very nice ITAngel, suggestion on fans. I have Bitfenix Spectre led Pwm on my rads. They may not have the best static pressure out there, but they have good sound quality. Meaning at low speeds they are barely audible and at full tilt they aren't annoying at all, though can be heard. I do believe they make fans that are RGB and sync up with Asus Aura.

Very nice ITAngel, suggestion on fans. I have Bitfenix Spectre led Pwm on my rads. They may not have the best static pressure out there, but they have good sound quality. Meaning at low speeds they are barely audible and at full tilt they aren't annoying at all, though can be heard. I do believe they make fans that are RGB and sync up with Asus Aura.

Oh cool those looks pretty neat fans. I will do some research on them and see if that will work for me. Thanks for the suggestions.

I run pictures through Windows Photo Viewer and turn them if they need it. Just turn it 90 degrees while viewing and Windows will save them that way.

I run pictures through Windows Photo Viewer and turn them if they need it. Just turn it 90 degrees while viewing and Windows will save them that way.

I fixed it by making the image smaller 800x600.

By the way I am hitting 5.0GHz @ 1.200v, 5.1GHz @ 1.217v, and 5.2GHz @ 1.309v (44% OC) around there. Not sure if those are good or not but that is what I gotten so far. I found my chip enjoy the 5.0/5.1 range better for 1.217v and passes all the test I have done yet. I have not done much testing on the 5.2GHz since I always wanted to stay within the 1.200v to 1.250v range instead.

Back