• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade to SP1 (Win 7) all goes haywire.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anfallgel

Hey All,

Just put together a new system and am experiencing an oddity when patching to SP1.

The 'new' rig is as follows:
Biostar TZ77Xe4
i5-3570k @4.5ghz w/1.25v (12hr stable LinX prior to SP1)
8gb RAM PC3-12800 @2000mhz Samsung (12hr stable MemTest prior to SP1)
Mushkin Chronos 240gb SSD (OS drive)

As mentioned above, I OC'ed & tested stability prior to patching to SP1. However, after I patch everything goes haywire. 4 games installed don't even load (PS2, GW2, Tribes, SC2). The stability tests fail miserably with BSOD's and random windows process fail periodically (Windows Desktop Manager, Windows Defender). I have run SFC /scannow and CHKDSK, doesn't help.

If I roll back with a system restore, everything is hunky dory again. I have tried this a variety of times with the same result.

Any ideas?

Do you have another hard drive you could install Windows to (to test)? I would start with a clean install at that point.

What are a couple of the latest BSOD errors? You might also want to try adding CPU VTT voltage (the default being 1.15V) for stability, upwards of ~1.30-1.35V w/ 8GB of RAM running at DDR3-2000.

Back