• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StevieP2515

Not sure what to upgrade. I've got an old pc that has been sat for the last two years. It's an i5 750 with 8gb ram, and 7950 3gb and a 1tb HDD.
I dug it out and powered it up. I thought I'd buy a cheap 64gb SSD and after a fresh install of Windows 10 it's fairly snappy. Now I don't use it for much nowadays. I will probably do a little light video editing and maybe some gaming. Like battlefield 1 and maybe a few free to play games.

My question would be if I was to throw around £100 into it would I be better buying an i5 2500k bundle or buying a better GPU?
At the moment I'm thinking the CPU motherboard bundle will be a better spend.
Any thoughts?

Last edited:
how about just throwing a little 1060 in it, even the little 3 gig, single fan units are pretty darn good.

how about just throwing a little 1060 in it, even the little 3 gig, single fan units are pretty darn good.
To be honest I haven't even looked at the 10 series cards but if it's both that expensive and I'm guessing it'll be an improvement on the 7950.

Have you tried gaming on it as it is now?
The 7950 is not terrible. Should run most games at low to medium settings in the 40's if there not to demanding.
Do you have a line on a good 2500K bundle for that price? I might consider it if its a good OC'ing mb and chip and that is what you plan to do with it. If not I wouldn't.

Back