• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rts2468

Registered
I recently bought an EVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper. And last night for x-mas, I got the final parts to upgrade my system. I made a thread called RTS-CCD Presents RED-LINE. What the specs are, here a short rundown of RED-LINE
has dermaticallt

CPU: AMD FX-6300 (O.C. - 5.253Ghz @ 1.52v @ 42c)
MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z (O.C. FSB - 275MHz @ 1.47v @ 35c)
GPU: EVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper 4GB (No O.C. yet)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 (O.C. - 2075Mhz @1.7v) 16GB 4x4GB

Here is a few pics of the new bends I added, as well as another radiator (Added a 140mm x 25mm). I had all my components running through one (360mm x 40mm) Extra Thick top Radiator. Upgrading from 2x GTX 470's. I knew I needed more surface area. And i feel I only needed a single 120mm-140mm radiator to make up for the extra heat. Also, having to use Bitspower 10mm(ID)x12mm(OD) PETG Hard Tubing. The air flow throughout the case is greatly improved.

Any criticism would be greatly appreciated.

1.(Before w/ the 2x GTX 470's)
New Pic 001.JPG

2. (After; w/ 140mm Radiator & GTX 690 HC)
new2.JPG

new.JPG

I am not finished tubing. still need to go from the GPU, back to the pumps.

Attachments

• New Pic 001.JPG
    New Pic 001.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 101
in the second to lasst photo.
what is mounted to the hdd cage, next to the ssd, that is clear?

I do not use any mounts beside a 5.25" drive HDD/SSD Mount. Here are a few pictures showing what I mean. Nothing of the case is Modded. I did nothing. Everything you see is me working around the standard Cooler Master HAF 932. I didn't want to mod because I needed those HDD bays. Or else I would of removed it and added a 240mm Rad.
In the first picture, it shows the bend around the 5.25" HDD/SSD drive pay.
Best_Bend.JPG

In this picture, it is a little fuzzy, but the bend that goes under neath the straight tube and then makes a raised 90-degree bend to the GPU's is my favorite bend. All free hand no jigs.
IMG_1071.JPG

You can get another look here too.
IMG_1072.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

The UV light worked well when i went to install my GTX 690, but the 690 wouldnt work with my Crosshair V Formula - Z, The 2nd GPU wouldnt let the driver work. I called ASUS, and they said that the 690 can cause problems with that MB, so I had to bring back my good ole GTX 470's, hence why other lighting, the 2nd GPU took up 2 Molex's and I lost the other PCI to PSU cable, so no lighting till my 980ti.

You don't need to mod a case or have a 500 dollar case to have a 360mm and a 140mm in it. Thats what I am most proud of, finding a way to use this 7 year old (I think) case, and have it full of everything I need, and more.

Back