• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BenjiBoi

Registered
Basically, I want to upgrade my rig, at the moment I have:

i7 4770k
GTX 760
16GB RAM
600W PSU
1TB HDD
Gigabyte H87 HD3

What I want to upgrade for about £540 max is my graphics card, a SSD, a new case, and a cpu cooler and a new power supply if needed, what should I get?

I play a lot of BF4, Skyrim, Fallout, Witcher the usual, I play in 1920x1080p

Upgrading Recomendations? Thanks!

I am upgrading my build and I have £540 to splash on the following items:

Things I want to add/upgrade

1x 250GB SSD
1x Good performing graphics card
1x CPU cooler to support overclock of 4ghz
1x PC case

Existing PC Componets

i7 4770k
16GB of RAM (Kingston HyperX)
1TB HDD
Gigabyte H87 - HD3 Motherboard
Zalman 600W Power Supply
GTX 760 Zotac AMP!

Additional Information
I will be playing 1920x1080 resolution
Everything needs to be compatible

Thanks!:clap:

You should be able to hit 4.0 ghz overclock without an expensive cooler I would think. That's no much of an overclock. Is the Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo available to you at a reasonable cost? It should do the job. Goes for around $30-$35 here in the USA.

A 240-256 gb SSD can often be found for around $90 here is the USA. Go for Crucial, Samsung or Adata as reliable brands for good performance at a reasonable price. Intel is the fastest but the most expensive. I would probably stay away from Kingston, Mushkin and Corsair on the SSD.

Make sure your PC case is at least 204 mm wide in order to afford clearance to the taller coolers like the Hyper 212 Evo.

Sorry I can't be of more help but it would be useful if you would give links to vendors in the part of the world where you are that are available to you. Availability of products and pricing varies tremendously from one part of the world to another.

First things first, I would not OC that CPU with that mobo. You might want to look at something better because it's 4 power phased. It can cause instability even at moderate OC'ing. As trents said above, the best perfomance to price cooler out there is the Hyper 212 EVO, should be just fine for 4.0GHz but if you ever want to go higher I would suggest a Noctua D14.

PC case is entirely depending on taste and as trents said, check that it's at least 204mm wide otherwise you'll have problem with the hyper 212,so much for something taller.

Good performing GPU: That would be a GTX 970 but you haven't shared a budget with us. They usually go for 350$.

Merged duplicate threads... This is all about upgrading be same system.

Also, he has Intel, not amd, so I wouldn't worry so much about the power phasing jtachii. I'd more worry about the board not having the right options. But do keep that area cool anyway.

Back