• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

use purevideo with other players

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

Is there any way i can use nvidia's purevideo on other media players than Windows Media player.... cus WMP is HORRIBLE at playing back dvd's... not quality but options, and half the time is wont even start the dvd where as windvd 6 that i have will run the dvd's everytime.... it would be really cool if i could use purevideo with windvd 6.

Well now that Pure Video Technology is embedded in the latest video card drivers, any player that supports PV should be able to use it. Go to the nVidia PV page and there should be a list of hardware and software that supports it.

purevideo HD is not embeded into their drivers... not purevideo decoder.... but ima check their site.

ahh man straight from their site

NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Decoder software, a plug-in for Microsoft® Windows® Media Player and Media Center Edition

gay i would really like to use this decoder with some other program.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winxp_2k_93.71_uk.html

Release Highlights:

* WHQL Certified.
* NVIDIA PureVideo™ HD driver with support for the following features:
o Hardware acceleration of H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2 HD movie formats.
o Video post-processing image enhancements.
o Built-in support for HDCP content protection protocol via DVI or HDMI connectors.
o Please visit the NVIDIA PureVideo website for more information on building a PureVideo HD system.

* Includes the new NVIDIA Control Panel. Please visit the NVIDIA Control Panel website for more information.
* Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 2.0 support
* For a full list of fixes issues, please view the release notes.

So if you need to buy the codec, it will only work in WMP for now TTBOMK.

I can't vouch that I've noticed better non HD DVD playback but since this is a driver enhancement, there should be some improvements when playing the mentioned supported files. :shrug:

Mmmm... It looks like DRM is getting built into XP/2000 drivers too and not just Vista drivers.

http://www.intervideo.com/WinDVD/

Top Video Technologies - Intel® Clear Video™, nVidia® PureVideo™, TrimensionDNM video processing

The Latest in High-Definition Video:
H.264, VC-1, HDV, MPEG 2 HD (1080i & 720p), WMV-HD

HD DVD and Blu-ray Playback Support:
To be purchased separately. Available soon - check back often!

Well it looks like they support PureVideo but B-R & HDDVD will be add on products.

You can grab the 14 day demo and if you like it, just buy the code for the version you want. The trail version converts to the retail when you register with your product key.

Audioaficionado said:
You can grab the 14 day demo and if you like it, just buy the code for the version you want. The trail version converts to the retail when you register with your product key.

ya ima give it a try tommorrow.

well i am unsucsessful in gettin purevideo to work with either windvd 8 or 7... how would i got about forcing the purvideo codecs on windvd?

Back