• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Use wifi adsl router as AP connected to another wifi router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infected_

Hi. I have cable connection in which the cable modem is connected to a wired 4 ports router (dlink di-604). In an ethernet port in that wired router i have a wireless adsl modem/router (dlink dva-g3170i) with dhcp deactivated and the LAN ip between the same range of my wired router. until here everything is fine, i have wireless internet and local network through the wireless adsl modem/router. now the problem... i have a second dva-g3170i that i would like to use as an AP to have longer signal..
can someone indicate or explain how to do that?

Thanks.

well to do that directly you would have to have bridging mode in your dva-g3170i. Otherwise...the same way you did it with the other one, it won't be the same wireless network, but it will extend your range.

Nick

well to do that directly you would have to have bridging mode in your dva-g3170i. Otherwise...the same way you did it with the other one, it won't be the same wireless network, but it will extend your range.

Nick

in the WAN section of the dva-g3170i it as a brigde option, but when i enable it it says something about no route defined. ive tried that on the 1st router and on the 2nd...

Back