• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Used 3.4GHz Extreme Edition a Good Deal??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rantrave

Sorry for the short notice, but I need some advice. I'm bidding on a USED 3.4GHz Ext. Edition cpu going now for around $600 w/ just a few minutes left. There's a 30-day warranty. Does this sound like a good deal?

probably not.. Even for $600, EEs are not good deals. A new 560 is cheaper (400 something?) and generally at least as fast in benches.

rantrave said:
Sorry for the short notice, but I need some advice. I'm bidding on a USED 3.4GHz Ext. Edition cpu going now for around $600 w/ just a few minutes left. There's a 30-day warranty. Does this sound like a good deal?

30 day warranty isn't that important, except against DOA.
I paid $675 for a new OEM 3.4EE, back in September, so I'm not sure if that deal is that hot.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Yeah, the EE is just for braggin rights :). If your spending 600 on a chip, just get a FX55! (Only 200 dollars more and it sounds like you have money ;))

Have you forgotten that he can't stick that fx55 in his existing motherboard?

Why does -everyone- forget that, whenever the A64 vs P4 debate comes up?
Besides, this section isn't really the place for that.

FX55 means new motherboard _and_ CPU (if not new RAM, also, depending on how good your existing RAM is). And those motherboards aren't cheap....

Now if he were building a brand new system.....

Back