• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using Model Paint?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CalsonicGTR

I am planning on plainting my drive faces to match my Blue Chieftec Aluminum Case. I was wondering if model kit paint would work for this. I have read lots of articles that use automotive paint but there is a store that stocks model paint right near me. So, can I use for the drive faces. On another note, does anyone know how to get scratches out of aluminum? Will using paint work?

Being that your drive bezel is plastic and so are your models, I would be willng to bet that the enamel model paint would work well. I'm thinking about doing the same myself.

The model paint will work alright, but it'll be not nice looking.

No matter what you do, you'll get brush strokes in it, and it'll look rough.

I'd go w/ a can of Krylon over that, personally.

That's why you put it in an airbrush or get the rattle can kind:D And for the scratch, just use some wet/dry sand paper, depending on how deep it is. If you are planning to paint the alum just prime and paint it to see if the primer will fill enough of it.

Yeah primer sanding and painting should clear that up. Might take more that 2 coats thou. If that fails to work try some of that filler puddy stuff that comes with model kits. Assuming of course you are painting it.

Back