• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT 2004 Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strange that UT2004 isn't running well with a 9700Pro! I have a P4 3.0 w/ 1Gig Kingston ram (PC3200) w/ 9600XT (Gigabyte) that runs it flawlessly at 1600x1200 w/ every graphic setting maxed out. The game is definately an improvement over UT2003. The noCD crack works well also. Good luck trying to get it to work.

Steve

Boy that's funny, when I got my copy home I was able to guess a working cd key right off the top of my head. I was too lazy to read it from the DVD case.

What.

I clocked myself back to stock, and it hasn't crashed. 200x11 @ 1.8 and she was crashing.

It's a rough game. If there's anything in your system that even might be flaky, UT2k4 is going to catch it.

Just letting you guys know the master server is down. Just in case anyone connects. Your not alone and the problem isnt' on your end.

I added all the official servers to my favorites list. Can't stand jumping on some 13 yr olds "DSL" server, especially with these load times. Ooooh, I just ordered me another stick of 512, I figure that'll cut the load time in half, also I've been anxious to turn off my paging file. Anyone had better performance with more RAM in this game?

You still aren't going to turn of pagefile completely, I promise. I have been able to reduce it slightly though, my page file is at 650 megs, opposed to the stock 1.4 gigs.

Forgot the main point!! What are your load times, like how bad? When I first start the game up it's like 15 seconds for the first level, but after that there's little/no wait time.

Load times were almost 2 mins on some big onslought maps. I turned off the preload player skins and that dropped to about a minute. I've actually had my page file off for awhile, but when I tried playing UT2004/Farcry/Painkiller I noticed these games needed a lot more memory.

Back