• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UV Paints

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

professorx

Registered
Hi
Im looking for UV paints for my case. Can you point me to an online/regular stores that carry them. thanks. also i was wondering since ill be using more than one paint do I need more than one lights or just one certain type will do it for me? thanks

FrozenCPU i know there is another place but i cant think of them right now

as for lights you going to was a UV light or black light to make the uv pain glow

i have two black light's outside my case , a laser uv light inside and two CC Fan's with uv lights

i dont want spary paints i want liquid paint so i can paint the slots etc.i dont want the tin ones either, i need em in small quantities.

Wall Mart sales UV paint (non spray)...and it is safe...I used it when I painted all of the caps and such on my A7N8X deluxe...only like .59 a bottle...in my area...can find them in the hobby area...

.59 a bottle...yea...lol...

I even painted most of my fans and all IDE cables and accessory cables...maybe used up 5% of a bottle...

each bottle is 12oz...

They had all colors including glow in the dark...think that was .89 though...

Yup Wally world is where i got my paint. Get the stuff that says neon not the Glow in the dark kind. I have glow in the dark and I kind of regret it. It doesn't glow as well as neon.

But if you get the glow in the dark kind.. shake it up! I didnt and all the glowy stuff was at the bottom so my paint didnt glow AT ALL! So I stored the bottle upside down for a week and did it again.. now its all glowy stuff.. The damn stuff will keep glowing for hours after my computer is off!

FreakinSyco

professorx said:
ok i went to Walmart and they didnt have it. :( anywhere else? can u tell me the exact product name?

look in the craft section and the plastic car model aisle of the toy section, or you can try a hobby store.

the ones i found are $12 for 1/2 oz , id go to a craft store and see what they got , cant hurt to look

good luck , if you do find it at a craft store post it . id like to find some at a decent price . i dont want to pay with a are or a leg

ok i went to Joan Fabrics, Party Depot, Staples and Craft Total. none of them except craft total had some floresent stuff. but they had sparys which i dont want. i saw this glow paint which has to be visible to visible light first then it glows but i dont want that either. one or two websites have UV paints but 12 bucks for 6 oz i dont know and on top of that shipping charges. im still looking....

Is it possible to spray the paint into a small bottle and therefore have liquid paint? ( I dont think that spray paint drys THAT quickly for this to be an ineffective idea, but Ive never tried this b4 either) If not, only other thing Ive seen is a couple of paints @ Dtek, though slightly cheaper than clearneon.

Dang sound's so cool what you guy's are talking about im thinking of using a little of this stuff for my case will uv paint or stuff react with a " Neon " light at all? Or will it just just be dead?....

Back