• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

V2000 Water Cooled pics...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nissmo300

I want to check out some watercooled setups with the Lian Li V2000 case. Anyone know where I can find some pics or worklogs from this forum or any other?

I'm thinking about getting this case for water cooling but I want to see how others installed theirs first.

I just got the case a week ago and am in the process of installing my setup. I can say that this case is a watercooler's dream! I will snap a few pics tonight of what I have done so far. What I've done so far is: Remove all of the HD racks in the lower front of the case. Cut out a large square in the divider that seperates the lower front and the psu. I mounted a D-tek Procore shroud to the front 120mm fan, then the Procore, shroud, then a 120mm Panaflo to that, with the airflow blowing into the case. Between the rad and the divider, I put my new MCP-650 on a homemade aluminum stand, so the outlet of the rad is the same height as the intake of the pump. The pump is directly below the hole going to the upper part of the case.
Now I'm just waiting to transfer the rest of my stuff into the case. I have a new Epox NF3 939 board and cpu (3500+ 90nm) coming and I will transfer my silver TDX and Dangerden Bayres into it as well. I hate waiting around for stuff to come in the mail!
I'll post a pic tonight of my progress so far. I can say that there will be a whole lot of room, even with everything in it.

Shawn

I've got pictures of my V1000 but I need to redo my site to free up some space.

I installed the Procore in the bottom after removing 1 HD bay. I still have some cable managment to do but it's not too bad. If anyone has room to host these for a while I can send them to you.

newlianli_ducts01.jpg

Take a look at the mods section here, there are some V1000 v1200 and maybe a 2000 there. If not go to http://forums.overclockers.com.au/ . If you are not signed up do so, it is a great site. Look in the modding section, there is a thread there about the v1000 - 2000's.

Nevermind, figured it out. Here is what I have so far. The tube attached to the top outlet of the rad and the outlet of the pump are just temps that I used to leak check them.

Attachments

• Web DSCF0002.jpg
    Web DSCF0002.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 865
I would try and shroud the intakes of the blowers to the intake on the case, to ensure you are getting relatively cool air in there.... otherwise the rear blower is more likely to pull hot air in.

Last edited:
I'm jealous. I knew I should have went with the V2000B..... argh!!!!

ddawson, please post pics of your v1000.
Thanks!

...and I thought Lian Li made expensive cases. who the hell would pay $425 for a case and an ugly one at that.

Jbroad572 said:
I'm jealous. I knew I should have went with the V2000B..... argh!!!!
And so I did.... :clap:
Has anyone found anymore pics with WV v2000's? I'm looking for ideas as well.

If I could afford it, I would get a 1260 Pump, with a 3x120mm radiator on a blower, and a g5 in one of those UFO's. However, unless someone robs and bank and leaves the bag of money in my room it's not going to happen.

Well, I finally finished my new install. I took out the Chaintech VNF-250 and 3400+ and put in an Asus A8V rev 2.0 and FX53, along with everything else. Here are two pictures of the final product. The side is on, so just refer to the picture I posted before to visualize the lower part of the case.

Shawn

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 175
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 178
Back