• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vcore Voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tikki50

Registered
I have a P4P800-E dlx and I'm curious about the vcore voltage. I know my intel cpu is not suppose to break 1.7 volts and that 1.6 is usually good but I cant seem to raise it above 1.58 because at idle it jumps to over 1.64 or even 1.67 volts. While under load it will establish a 1.58 vcore but what worries me is the idle volts. If I bump up the vcore will 1.7 hurt the chip at idle? Im guess it will and that’s why people v-mod the mobo correct? I have to say that’s really crazy Asus missed something like this they must be getting lazy now a days.

I just upped the voltage on my asus board>ps800d-e From 1.6 to 1.625. I was worry just the same as you. Because my asus probe readings were 1.65>1.72 The high temp being at idle.So I saw a post that said "check it in the bios" I did and it said 1.68 for the high reading. So I'm alot less worryed now. And shes more stable with the boost. Temp are good.

thanks

Were in the bios does it show the range of voltage currently pulled. I really dont wantto burn up the chip from doing something stupid. Im at 1.58 and will definetly "check it in the bios" to make sure im not breaking the 1.7 mark.

Thanks
Tik

thanks everything is now set to 1.6v just waiting for my order to arrive from svc.com those *******s!!!! 3 weeks and they keep telling me that this item I ordered or this other item I ordered is out of stock. I WILL NOT ORDER FROM SVC.COM AGAIN!

Back