• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Verify memory frequency is right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prixone

I was setting up my new DDR3 2.400MHz 32GB (4x 8GB) G.Skill TridentX - F3-2400C10Q-32GTX on my ASRock X79 Extreme4 and while setting it up on the BIOS, while I did set it to 2400 it remained 1333 at the information menu. I've left the CPU on AUTO.

The XMP had the memory already set in its profile with the proper latency and 2400, I thought it was fine and moved on with saving the BIOS and rebooting.

My question is, within my OS what would be the most accurate way to verify the frequency is right and its all OK or what would be the easiest and accurate way to verify that?

Last edited:
CPU-z would be the first choice for many. Link

AIDA64 Extreme also has a wealth of information to look over, but is limited to a 30 day trial unless you buy a license. Link

This is what I get with CPUZ which honestly I don't understand if it is right or wrong.

fCLLedS.jpg

Thanks for the reply ;)

SO 666 x 4 = ~2600? That's what I need to look to confirm it was ok?

Or what exactly do I need to check the XMP?

Thanks for the reply ;)

SO 666 x 4 = ~2600? That's what I need to look to confirm it was ok?

Or what exactly do I need to check the XMP?

The Memory tab, 1199(1200) x2 =2400

The spd tab is the information the chips sends top the BIOS for compatibility.

Back