• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Verizon: I think they SWAPPED my battery!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That was a thought, yes... I think someone mentioned it that it could have activated additional features of some sort.

I guess I'll never know, but still puzzles me as to how I went from a MINIMUM of 3.5 days battery and maximun of 5 days, all the way down to 1.5 days.

It's ridiculous. I used to charge my battery on a Friday and not have to bring my charger with me all weekend if I went away. I could come back and Monday still have a working phone battery.

Yeah, that is a really drastic difference. Maybe you should try buying a good quality aftermarket battery?

Yeah, that is a really drastic difference. Maybe you should try buying a good quality aftermarket battery?

My experience with aftermarket is that they aren't as good... any reputable places?

I bought an aftermarket battery for a Motorola phone a few years ago and it worked better than the original....granted, the replacement had a higher mAh rating, but I found that the quality was just as good if not better.

I went to interbatteries.ca, they have a .com site that ships within the US. (If I remember correctly, they were located in California, but would ship to most major countries in the world.) It took about 2 weeks to get to me, and I sent them an email after about a 1.5 weeks as I was concerned that I would not see my order. They replied in later on that same day with an up-to-date tracking order number and location. I got it a few days later and still have the battery, now about 3.5 years old, functioning in my 6-year old phone. The battery is finally showing signs of wear and I'm getting a new phone with bluetooth support soon.

I had good luck with them...worth a shot IMO. Oh, forgot to mention, the battery cost me $25US shipped...an official Motorola battery with a lower mAh was $75CDN + tax!!

That site doesn't appear to have a battery for the LG Dare. Google says the LG Dare has a LGIP-530B battery which is rated for 1100 mAh @ 3.7v

With a short search on Google, I didn't find any batteries with higher capacities available anywhere. :shrug:

Ya, that looks like your best bet there!

Too bad they don't have higher capacity batteries available. maybe that batter is just too small to fit higher capacity into them? :shrug:

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Extended-C...=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1244173795&sr=8-5

There's one... not worth the price.

I wouldn't need an extended b/c the original was lasting on avg 4+ days dude. :)

Also, I HATE fat phones... I like the phones skinner... don't mind it long, but I hate the bulge in the pocket (no pun intended). :)

Back