• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VERY URGENT, have til tonight to decide. Please read.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

Birthday is here, Grandpa said to order any part you want for 400$. I could probably get 2 parts.
I have a 4690k, 8 gigs vengance 1866 2x4. an evo 128, WD black, and a nice gigabyte motherboard. GA-Z97X-UD5H (rev. 1.0)

I currently have a Gbyte windforce GTX 770 2GB. I mostly only play counter strike, so im worried to go with a 390.. Should I get a 390? What card should I pick up, or what should I pick up. Ive got a benq 144hz.

Can you guys please tell me what I should do with this 400$? Maybe even a graphics card and a power supply since im running an EVGA 500 wat. (Ran my gtx 580 and gtx 770 perfect)

What is my best bet in the 425 range in terms of future proof? Im looking for decently quick decisions, so i can have it ordered tonight/tomorrow. Just answer what you would do if you were in this situation picking a card, or a part.

Im looking for the best most reliable models, and it can pas 400 a tiny bit.. 970.. if i can find a 980 thatd be awesome.. and i havent used ATI in a VERY long time. since my 7970 3 yrs ago almost. what should I get? ANY INPUT WILL HELP. lets get this thread going, Im being rushed to pick an item!

Birthday is here, Grandpa said to order any part you want for 400$. I could probably get 2 parts.
I have a 4690k, 8 gigs vengance 1866 2x4. an evo 128, WD black, and a nice gigabyte motherboard. GA-Z97X-UD5H (rev. 1.0)

I currently have a Gbyte windforce GTX 770 2GB. I mostly only play counter strike, so im worried to go with a 390.. Should I get a 390? What card should I pick up, or what should I pick up. Ive got a benq 144hz.

Can you guys please tell me what I should do with this 400$? Maybe even a graphics card and a power supply since im running an EVGA 500 wat. (Ran my gtx 580 and gtx 770 perfect)

What is my best bet in the 425 range in terms of future proof? Im looking for decently quick decisions, so i can have it ordered tonight/tomorrow. Just answer what you would do if you were in this situation picking a card, or a part.

Im looking for the best most reliable models, and it can pas 400 a tiny bit.. 970.. if i can find a 980 thatd be awesome.. and i havent used ATI in a VERY long time. since my 7970 3 yrs ago almost. what should I get? ANY INPUT WILL HELP. lets get this thread going, Im being rushed to pick an item!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202147&cm_re=390x-_-14-202-147-_-Product

thats 100 dollare more than alot of the 390x's. But 390x is the best way to go? how about a good gigabyte or MSI one for the great cooling? Nvidia out of the question? Im looking to get a mousepad, headset, also. maybe a cheap mechanical keyboard. I have black switches and i dont like them that much.

Last edited:
I want to go with this one over the one you linked, due to the dual link dvi ports. I dont have display port cables. is this card straight? just as good as a 980? how does ati run on CSGO and intel in general

Im curious about a 970, or 390.. because a 390x is overkill at almost 100 more. What is the best 970? is it even worth it?

Back