• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VGA Gelid Cooling GTX 460

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timesavage

Hey Group, I am trying to decided which aftermarket VGA cooler to get for my GTX 460 sli setup. The Gelid looks really good, but I am about to purchase the Gigabyte 990fx-ud5, and it doesn't look like I can run SLI and a physx card. Any suggestions would be awesome. I am also looking at the Scythe Setsugen 2. Thanks!

Gigabyte 890fx-ud5
1090t
3 x 460 EVGA SC FERMI
OCZ SSD 60G
WD 1 tb
Samsung 1.5 tb
Corsair 1000w
Gskill x 8gb @1600
912 HAFX

Hey bud. I'm a bit confused about the new mobo comment and the SLI/physx card issue. Are you saying you are going to do SLI and you need a cooler for that, or are you saying you may not even do SLI because you may not be able to with the board you are looking at?

Basically, I think you just want VGA cooler recommendations, but I'm not sure if you are asking for something more than that also?

Basically what I am asking is if the new Gelid Icy vision rev2 is a two or three slot cooler. From what I have seen it looks like a three slot, but it boasts crossfire and SLI ready. So with the new mobo, Gigabyte 990fx-ud5, will this cooler only allow sli with no physx, or is the cooler a true two slot cooler, if not I will go with the Scythe for that reason. Thanks

Back