• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card, CPU, and Memory upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh wow! Thanks for the trouble! Thanks for everybody's help. I'll let you know.

I want to give a big Thank You to everyone for their help. I also want to give a shout out and a
great big Thank You to batboy. I was able to buy two gently and 1 barely used XFX RX
580 GTS XXX Edition OC+. 4 GB.:) I was just about to purchase a 1660 and a 570 or up, so
getting these cards really helped me out. I couldn't believe it when he sent me a message
saying he had those cards for sale. I'll post how we like them as soon as I can.

No, we had two video cards die in two different pc's in about a week.

Oh, my mistake. Those are Radeon cards, not Nvidia that you bought. I saw the "GTS" which I normally associate with Nvidia.

Update on RTX 580 4 GB cards

After a long time I'm finally posting about the video cards that I bought from batboy. They both work great. Wow looks amazing but now the game freezes really bad. I quit playing right after I installed the card so I never got back here. I went back to the game about a month ago. I found out when I turned off most of my add-ons that the game didn't freeze much at all.
I'm hoping to build a new pc. If not I may have to upgrade my old one.

Yikes.. id rather the 1660 honestly...especially with the multi gpu issues that can rear its head. You want/needed something more plug and play. You should be able to play with add ons... a lot of the time 2 cards just adds more trouble than it's worth. Especially for users nkt used to or averse to tweaking 5hings. :)

I bought two cards. One for each computer. I had two die with in a week of each other.

I just picked up two 1660 Supers for $240 ea from EVGA. Hard to beat that, if you ask me.

<edit> nm, they're sold out of basically everything.

Last edited:
Will do. I'm ready to build 2 new pc's now. Especially mine. Just need to budget the money.

Back