• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video not showing on TV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtreme404

Hey guys, I am using a Geforce4 Ti4200. I was able to watch video from my computer to TV with out any problem before. Now when I try to play a video it won't appear. The picture of my desktop and anything is fine. When I try to play the movie from Windows Media player or any other media player the movie just shows black on the tv. I can't figure out whats going. Could it be a damaged cable?? Everything looks fine expect when trying to play the movie. I am using the latest graphics drivers from Nvidia, also running win2k

Thank you for any info, let me know if you need more info

Hey found the problem. It was in the Nvidia overlay settings. Had to change it to secondary on the overlay.

Thanks!

TVs(except for HDTV) are terrible compared to even a cheap computer monitor.
Heck, I can't really stand analog TV anymore, so I have digital TV on my Pentium 4 PC.

Yes, but big tvs are much cheaper than big monitors or HDTVs, so watching a movie via video out on a properly set up system looks better than broadcast tv anyway.

Back