• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video recording and editing software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(G{in}[AK)TION]

im trying to find something like fraps to record me fragging in TS. i would get a full version but i dont have money for to buy a copy.

any suggestions? i try fraps and bandicam but after constant recording my frames drop and they don't recover. and if i keep going at it then it will crash my game.

system specs is in my sig.

i want to be able to record and save in AVI so that i can edit it in a video editor.

I can't remember the name but there is another program out there that you can use and I believe it is compatible with encoding from your iGPU.

Maybe someone can chime in with the name. Using your iGPU for the encoding will help with the FPS.

im trying to find something like fraps to record me fragging in TS. i would get a full version but i dont have money for to buy a copy.

any suggestions? i try fraps and bandicam but after constant recording my frames drop and they don't recover. and if i keep going at it then it will crash my game.

system specs is in my sig.

i want to be able to record and save in AVI so that i can edit it in a video editor.

http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

Records in .mpg, but does a damn good job and keeps the file size down. I am sure you would be pleased with it and a .mpg to .avi converter.

Much better than FRAPS imo.

That sound like a very legit software program. Thank you Razer! Do you know if it utilizes the iGPU for encoding?

You dont have to have .avi source for video editing either. Any editing software that cant handle mpeg source material isnt worth its salt IMO.

As far as iGPU or any GPU encoding goes unless you absolutely need the efficiency I would avoid it. GPU transcoding is currently still in infancy and generally provides much lower quality output than traditional CPU encoding, while using the same or larger output files.

ill try that out then.

also, so you dont know why my frames drop? this happens in msi after burner too.

DXtory (not free) + x264 codec is what I use.

I have it setup to record 720p + Stereo Audio (AAC) and my files are about 100MB per minte or recording. Only get about 1-2 FPS drop in performance while recording BF3 gameplay on the rig in my sig. Not a powerful computer in any sense of the word, but it does what I need it to do.

As far as editing goes; Windows Movie Maker is free with the OS and can do a decent job of editing. I personally use After Effects, but been meaning to give Sony Vegas a try since AE is more of a "PRO" program and the learning curve with it is quite steep.

You dont have to have .avi source for video editing either. Any editing software that cant handle mpeg source material isnt worth its salt IMO.

As far as iGPU or any GPU encoding goes unless you absolutely need the efficiency I would avoid it. GPU transcoding is currently still in infancy and generally provides much lower quality output than traditional CPU encoding, while using the same or larger output files.

The quality issue is def a real thing but I'd rather deal with that than deal with loosing frames in the game.

Back