• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Virtual cd drive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I am looking for Virtual CD software. I use to use MagicISO virtual, and i loved it!

Suddenly this stopped working, and crashes any 64bit system i install it on.

Then i have used Deamon Tools lite, and Alcohol 52%. Both of these are just annoying, compared with the simple MagicISO virtual.

Are there any other options i can try out?

Virtual Clone drive only sits in the system tray, and integrates into the right-click menu, and is a really small install with no nags or anything, I've been using it for several years now ever since Daemon tools became major bloatware filled with malware.

"Too large"?

POwer ISO just sits in the tray after installation... I dont get that statement.

Attachments

• Start Menu.png
    Start Menu.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 88
You can completely disable Windows 8 Metro and never see it.
You can have any Start Menu and any Start Menu button you choose in Windows 8 instead and boot directly into it, completely bypassing Windows 8 metro on every boot.
Or if you don't mind chucking up $4.99 (Or "pirating"), Start Dock 8 is very nice, just plain, simple and stable win 7 start menu and looks like it is supposed to be there, but still has a *few* customization options... Plus I guess you might get to ***** about it to them if it messes up :p

Even better.... ^_^

Code:
mount -o loop image.file /destnation/to/be/mounted
+1 ! ;)

Why would you spend $4.99 :shrug: when classic shell is the most customizable and reliable and FREE program to accomplish a full Windows 7-Looking Windows 8 system!? Classic Shell was there to help us get Windows XP Menu Buttons back when when Windows 7 was released.

Now it's here for us to help us get Windows 7 Desktop back in Windows 8.

Classic Shell - accept no substitutions! ;)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/classicshell/files/

^ That's like saying why spend $140 on windows 8 pro, Debian was here for us when windows vista was released, and Debian is here for us now.

Debian - accept no substitutions! ;)

;) :D

Last edited:
I was jokingly exaggerating of course. ;)

But I would like to know what Classic Shell cannot do, which feature it is missing that others have. The author has been really responsive to any reasonable requests for years and has perfected the program free of charge.

When I installed Windows 8, I did of course install all programs that I could find that serve the purpose of allowing me to have a Windows 7 - looking Windows 8 and allowing me to only go to Metro when I need to - the opposite of default which goes to Metro and allows us to only go to Desktop when we need to.

Regardless of price, I found Classic Shell to be the most customizable. But I would like to know what others have that Classic Shell does not?

Back