• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Vishera" End Of The Line for AMD FX CPUs: Roadmap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I cant say that this surprises me, but I didnt expect it to happen so abruptly. Its all still conjecture at this point though. I expected Vishera to be the end of the line for AM3+, but I was expecting atleast one more CPU to roll out based on SR on either a new socket or something.

Sadly enough AMD APU A10-5800K has 1303 million vs 1200 million on the FX-4350 and it has a nice little IGP to go with it..... Why even buy FX? It offers nothing really any more at this point.

Go back to Llano 32nm architecture IMO.

Or buy into Abu Dhabi 6344 on P2 sG34. Meh run one for 12 cores for a while then slap another in later for 24 core setup.

^^ This was something I had thought about getting into.... heck Paid 300$ for intel core i7 3770K QUAD core with hyperthreading..... for 100 more I could have had 12 real cores. yea only 2.6ghz, but I'm sure there's ways around that.

The slide the FX part doesn't look very detailed. It looks to me like it's just there to show that FX exists but not relevant because the roadmap is for APU's.

Or maybe the Kaveri and Carrizo APU's will be like intel's 1155 and 1150 CPU's that have integrated graphics, AMD will just have 6 and 8 core APU's with L3 catch. Or at least, higher end APU's with more cores and L3 Catch will be an option for higher end chips. It does show that these new APU's will support PCI-E 3, which could be a sign that they are designing them to work with higher end GPU configurations.

Doesn't make sense for AMD to stop making higher end x86 chips when the 6300, 8320 and 8350 seem to be doing so well.

Doesn't make sense for AMD to stop making higher end x86 chips when the 6300, 8320 and 8350 seem to be doing so well.

sure it does they will just keep marketing them same chips as 8 cores for another 5 years half the noobs will be none the wiser. this 8 core is cheaper than that quad core :O im so getting it!!! "yea bro i got an 8 core cpu"

thats all i ever hear from people irl, "yea bro im gonna get me one of those amd 8 cores", or "i have an 8 core amd".

The roadmap in the link showed Vishera CPU's into 2015. I seriously doubt AMD will keep making these CPUs until 2015. They'll be quite irrelevant.

sure it does they will just keep marketing them same chips as 8 cores for another 5 years half the noobs will be none the wiser. this 8 core is cheaper than that quad core :O im so getting it!!! "yea bro i got an 8 core cpu"

thats all i ever hear from people irl, "yea bro im gonna get me one of those amd 8 cores", or "i have an 8 core amd".

LMFAO exactly, very clever marketing by AMD

The roadmap in the link showed Vishera CPU's into 2015. I seriously doubt AMD will keep making these CPUs until 2015. They'll be quite irrelevant.

My guess is that it's just there as a place holder, and they probably have a separate roadmap for their mainstream x86 CPU's.

Back